narcissa black

chapter 2

"Pureblood?"

The portrait door swung open to reveal a rather large dark room in shades of green and silver , which the girl sort of expected since they were the house colours. The furniture , despite the rest of the school , looked very expensive ; as if it had come straight from a pureblood manor. Looking around the room the wallpaper was mainly some snake pattern or scaly design , which Persephone personally thought looked cool. The only downside being in the dungeons is that it was very cold , it matches Slytherins aura but it is certainy not practical. Wrapping her arms round herself and placing one foot in front of the other she walked up the steps to my dorm room.

Not to much surprise her room was very similiar to the common room ; with the main colour scheme being the traditional green and silver , the furniture still expensive looking and clean , but instead of the dim lit common room - the dorm room seemed slightly brighter and more open.

"Hello , you must be Greyback?" a girl with blonde hair and dark eyes questioned.

"Yeah I'm Persephone and you ?"

"Narcissa Black" she replied with her hand out to greet her , a polite smile etched on her features. Many Slytherins had traditional pureblood upbringings and were very formal. The brown-skinned girl took her hand and shook it returning the smile.
"It looks like we are sharing a room , just so you know the other girls don't attend school anymore so it will probably just be you and me in here" She finished slightly excited before quickly toning it down.

"Oh. Well that's fine I don't do well in large groups anyway" Persephone awkwardly laughed looking towards the floor , a few strands of hair falling across her face.

"How so?" Narcissa asked raising an eyebrow.

" Not the most confident that's all " she said turning her attention back to the blonde.

"You could've fooled me. But I'll teach you - you are a gorgeous girl with A LOT of potential , we have ages , by tomorrow I guarantee the boys will be all over you." she asserted pushing the hair from out of the girl's face and giving her a reassuring wink
"and in this house confidence is everything so it's important to keep your head held high" she finished a wider smile on her face tilting Persephone's head up and pushing her shoulders back fixing her posture.

Persephone gave her a small smile and a nod , Narcissa may appear as though she's harsh but you could tell that she is only talking from personal experience.
"Did you know I have an older sister?"

So , the new girl spent that night getting pointers from Narcissa , laughing as she told her jokes , she learnt all the gossip and rules of being in the house along with who to avoid and to not associate with.

-----------

To anyone who saw Persephone Greyback walk into the great hall the following week they would have thought she was a different person. She strutted in proudly with her new friend Narcissa, both of them wearing silver jewellry to give their outfits flare and hairstyles to compliment their appearances.

Narcissa had her hair in a low bun - slicked at the front whilst Persephone had hers down , but not so that it was covering her face like it was when she joined , the curls were defined and stretched with a spell she had learnt that morning and not a single piece was covering any of her features. She felt good and her friend felt proud.

The two walked in and sat with the Anvils and Malfoy who were also looking at the girl with proud looks, happy that their new Slytherin friend is gaining some confidence.

"Oi prongs isn't that the girl from the train?" Sirius asked waving a hand in front of the boys face to try and regain James' attention , for he was one of the people amazed by how quickly the girl had put herself together and shown off her looks because despite having a massive crush on Lily Evans he could admit that the new girl was very attractive.

"Huh?" James replied snapping out of his daze once he saw his friend's hand wave around infront of him.

"Looks like someone was staring" Remus interrupted taking a sip of his tea.

"I was not. I only have eyes for my Lilyflower" he snapped back crossing his arms an offended look spreading across his features.

"It's alright if you were James , she is hot" Peter added taking a bite of his toast. The three boys turned to look at him in surprise , as that is the most confident they have heard him speak. "W-what?"

"I do have to agree with Wormtail on this one actually -" Remus nodded.

"I agree with Moony!" Sirius added winking at Remus. The werewolf giving him an eyeroll and small smile.

"Oh come on! Guys she's a Slytherin AND a Greyback" glancing toward Remus slightly "and Slytherin's are .. they are all ... there all just bad okay!" James argued standing up and slamming his hands on the table in frustration , mentally disagreeing with everything that had just come out of his mouth.

"Oh no who has gotten Bambi all riled up?" Nicholas , James' younger brother, said as he  tapped his brother on the shoulder walking past the group and making his way to the end of the table to eat his breakfast.

Nicholas was often the forgotten brother , the 'pity Potter'. He was in his fourth year and wasn't popular like James , nor was he athletic. He wouldn't describe himself as attractive or interesting either , despite his mum telling him otherwise. The boy preferred to be left alone which caused him to have no friends but he had convinced himself he liked it that way.

The three boys laughed at their interaction, they found his constant sarcastic remarks towards his older brother hilarious as they always come at the right time.

"He's so annoying" James grumbled running a hand through his hair , sitting back down and aggressively shoving a spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

edited 15/04/23