revealed

chapter 40

The following week Persephone had gotten strange behaviour from James. He would ignore her randomly , refuse to speak to her unless she spoke to him and he insisted that he helped her to do small tasks such as carrying her books for her. The girl gathered that he was trying to make up for something - so the best thing she thought to do would be to confront him on it. When? Just after their transfiguration lesson.

"James?" the brunette called out gaining the boy's attention as she left the classroom. The two of them stopping abruptly in the overcrowded corridor.

"Yes?" he said , slowly walking over to the girl

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Persephone questioned - trying to find the reason for his odd attitude

"Tell you what?"

"I don't know James, maybe its something that you want to ask me instead?" she tried hopeful that he would answer her

"Percy , you already know i'm going to this ball with Lily so stop with the suspense and stupid questions" the boy groaned running a hand through his hair. James thought that she was messing with him : she was acting all oblivious to make fun of him , which is why he felt bad and started helping her out - but he what he didn't expect was the surprised look on the girl's face after he spoke.

"You are going with Lily? ... oh " she responded , her tone in voice becoming more soft and careful "I didn't know you still liked her" she chuckled softly "I'm happy for you" she spoke, turning her back on the boy and walking down the corridor before bumping into one of the Prewitt twins.

"Ah Seph just who i was looking for!" Fabian greeted pulling the girl into a hug. Persephone was slightly taken aback , but she allowed the boy to hug her nonetheless. "Would you want to go the the Christmas ball with me?" he offered politely , looking down at her and loosening his grip

"Of course I would" Persephone smiled gently returning the hug from the taller boy.

She had been asked to the ball by plenty of Slytherins before this , not that James knew. The girl was silently hoping that speckled boy would ask her. Narcissa caught on , which wasn't too hard to do, and probably ended up more frustrated than Persephone at the boy's confusing behavior. However , now the girl knew there was no way he'd ask her she may aswell accept Fabian's kind offer.

"What colour is your dress?" he then asked her , pulling away from the hug and shoving his hands into his pockets

"Green"

"Makes sense." the boy shrugged "It suits you. I can't say it's my colour personally but I'll make sure to match" he winked , brushing past her and continuing his walk through the corridor "You alright Potter?" he stopped briefly to acknowledge the boy whose face was now tinted red.

"Fantastic" he strained through gritted teeth staring directly at the girl infront of him rather than the boy who asked him the question.

"Good good" Fabian replied carrying on his walking "I'll see you later Seph" he waved,    practically beaming at the girl

"I hope you have fun with Lily" Persephone mumbled deciding to skip her next lesson and make her way up to the astronomy tower to clear her head , leaving the boy to feel even guiltier than he already felt.

Sitting up on the steps of the astronomy tower Persephone felt a feeling that she had experienced many times before , but this time it was different. That feeling was jealousy. Admittedly , she felt jealous all the time but not openly - in fact , Narcissa her best friend wouldn't describe her as jealous at all. You see , she was jealous of her brother when he got to go to Hogwarts , jealous of Jasper and Vincent's relationship with their parents , jealous of Narcissa's flawlessly perfect persona , jealous of Remus' intelligence , Nicholas' understanding , Sirius' confidence, Peter's compassion , Regulus' dedication, Randy's optimism. But the jealousy she felt right now was complete. She was completely jealous of Lily Evans. Not because she aspired to be like her , look like her or act like her but instead jealous of the fact that she always seemed to have James' attention. It bothered her. Even after Lily had told her she wasn't interested in the boy Persephone still felt some act of betrayal - hurt.

"Percy! Persephone" James' voice was heard approaching , little did the girl know but he had also skipped his lesson to apologize for his rude behaviour and explain the situation that he had gotten himself into.

"Go away James" Persephone yelled back in frustration as the boy got closer. James simply ignored her and instead sat down next to her on the steps to the tower and wrapped his arm around her shoulder pulling her into his side.

"Not until I explain." he spoke calmly - his hand beginning to rub the girl's arm in a comforting manner "Lily got a letter from Snape the other week. He threatened her and told her that if she didn't go with him to this ball then he would hex you. He told her that the only person he would tolerate going to the ball with her would be me because the chances of it were - to him - impossible. I just didn't want to see you get hurt Percy . I care about you and i'm so sorry if -"

James never got to finish his sentence as the girl turned to face him and had brought him in for a kiss. A soft , gentle one that James instantly returned bringing his hands up to the girl's face to stroke her cheek. The boy was over the moon to describe it in the most simplistic way , his adoration for the girl had grown massively since they had returned and to say that he has been dreaming of her wouldn't be a lie.

"I understand Jam-" Persephone broke away to say but also didn't finish , as this time James was the one initiating another kiss - a shorter one but with the same level of emotion nonetheless.

"You cut me off" he said with the widest grin on his face , resting his forehead against hers

"You cut me off too James" she whispered back , staring into the boy's eyes

"Well ... if that happens by kissing , then you'll have to cut me off more often" the boy smiled contently.

New chapter is out and I would like to take this time to once again thankyou for the support with the reads.

Special mention to these people :

for voting on loads of chapters recently !!

KristenBlackstock

lonely_simp69

kika13193

LNevaehS15

and an even bigger thankyou for these people for commenting on my chapters. I appreciate the comments the most <33

slytherin4ever

cupcakesugar2005

XXMic_CleoXx

Eves52527