𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

❝ 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞,

 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤. ❞

play : 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐫 - 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐳

━━━━

𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑬𝒎𝒎𝒂,

what have you been reading this week?

One book, two, three or even more because you're the most intelligent woman I have met. Even though we haven't met properly, I mean physically, I know you're the smartest for me.  But it doesn't matter you already have a big importance for me, and I can tell, that you have a specific place in my heart.

I don't forget you; I never do, and I never will.

How could I anyway?

Our teachers at middle school put us together for a pen pal project and we end up writing multiple and multiple letters per week to each other since that project has ended. We both know, that even though the project ended, we would still write to each other.

You're the only person that understands me, reads what I read, thinks as I think and doesn't look at me like I'm a stupid nerd that everybody finds weird because I know a lot but not everything, and many seem to forget that.

I know a lot, but not everything.

Humans can't know everything about anything, we're imperfect and yet, humans have a too big ego to think with their reason, that perfection doesn't exist and it never will. But you shouldn't waste your time trying to convince them, don't waste your time with big-headed people.

You can't change someone unless they want to.

Anyway, I am writing to you not to complain about life and humanity's reason for existing and how to change their mindset, I am writing to you because I miss you and your last letter worried me a lot.

I can't stop thinking about your last letter, where you told me that your stalker hasn't stopped. The anonymous letters, the anonymous calls, and the anonymous packages at your balcony. You feel like he's following you everywhere, you told me you feel his eyes through you even though every window of your apartment is closed and the curtains too.

I am working in the behavioural analysis unit at the FBI and still, I can't find out who your stalker is. I feel like I'm the dumbest one on earth, I feel guilty for not helping you and knowing that even in your house, you're probably not safe.

I am ashamed of myself.

Telling you that I am sorry wouldn't either help, I don't want you to feel that I keep talking to you because of pity, no, it's more than that.

I truly care about you, all I want is your safety and your happiness.

Tell me more about your stalker, do you know any details about him that could help my research? Even if you think that the smallest details are useless, tell me, it's better to have something than nothing.

It's better to start with something than with empty hands.

I can't wait for your next letter, to smell your sweet perfume on paper, your beautiful handwriting and your readings of the week and your thoughts of my books recommendations that I told you about.

Be extremely safe please and don't forget to take care of yourself, Emma.

Sincerely,

I send you all my love and support,

- 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐝.

When Emma Douglas finished reading the letter she has been waiting for since the beginning of the week, a big smile of relief and happiness spread over her pale face. Since she got the first anonymous call from her stalker, she couldn't sleep probably without her paranoia waking her up in the middle of the night and her appetite that was constantly cut off because of her anxiety that was worse than usual. 

She told Spencer everything she has been through since that stalker called her. But she didn't tell him about the fact she didn't eat, nearly nothing a day. Only a piece of fruit, she can't even finish entirely. But luckily she drinks a lot of water, it is what she mostly does when she's supposed to eat but can't. She didn't want him to worry about anything, it's not that bad, she thought.

Little did she know that exactly at that moment she finished reading Spencer's letter, her stalker was watching every move of hers. What she was doing, and especially the smile on her face.

Her smile will trigger everything.

Yes, it was only an innocent and happy smile. 

And yet, it would not finish happily for her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

hey loves :)

here's the prologue of STARRY EYES, kinda like the announcement of the plot.

Your thoughts on this chapter?

Talking of books, what's your favourite one or your current reading? 

I love everything related to books and I love to discover new ones too :)

Don't forget to eat, drink and take care of the beautiful and incredible person you are !!

ILY ALL💖 

- 𝐀𝐲𝐚.