𝟎𝟎𝟒. 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮

❝ 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 

𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞. ❞

chapter four,,

chapter four,,

impressions of you.

━━━

SINCE SPENCER REID WAS OFFICIALLY excluded from the case of Emma, he couldn't work at his workplace anymore. Instead he was given a temporary break until the case was solved and classified, unfortunately for him. 

He hadn't contacted any members of his work team at the BAU, not because he was angry at them but rather because he was kind of hurt. His colleagues he considered close friends, didn't object to the decision made by Aaron Hotchner. 

Everything is alone better, thought Spencer. 

In his list of places to start looking for clues, the first option and the most logical was Emma's apartment, the one she hadn't been there for months. Only Spencer knew that she was living in a motel room near her laboratory she was renting until...until her stalker found her. 

It was probably the strangest thing for Spencer Reid, entering her personal space without her permission. He never saw what her place was like, but now that he was in front of her door, he was paralyzed. 

He couldn't make any move.

He wants to, he might find something if he goes in but still, he can't. 

His brain tells him to open that door and get what he was coming for and leave and his emotional side didn't even get over the fact that her stalker found her and it was none of Spencer's fault. 

Difficult to change his consciousness. 

He was interrupted by hearing someone's steps on the stairs, someone was coming. When he returned, it was a young lady probably Spencer's age. 

- Hello, how can I help you? asked the girl nicely.

- I never said I was asking for help, replied Spencer a little bit too dry and the girl noticed it.

- Well, I saw you standing in front of Emma's door so I was wondering if you need help or something.

- You knew Emma? asked Spencer suddenly curious.

- Well, I know her since she moved in here, said the young lady.

- Haven't you got any news from her, recently?

- No, now you say it, I haven't seen her for days which is sort of strange. 

- Did you know she had a fiancé ? 

- No, I didn't, replied the girl suddenly interested.

- Did you see him these last days in here?

- No, honestly I didn't know she had a fiancé and if she did, well I don't know what he's like.

- If a showed you a picture would you recognize him ? asked Spencer with an idea.

- Probably, I saw a few men with her. Why all of these questions, are you the FBI or something? asked the girl joking.

- Yes I am, replied agent Reid seriously. 

An awkward silence fell between them until Spencer Reid told her goodbye and acted like he was going downstairs for the strange girl to disappear so he would come again. There's something he didn't like about her, something was wrong. He didn't know what but soon he will. 

He took a few deep breaths and turned the doorknob. 

It was like he was entering his own apartment, with huge bookshelves everywhere and more and more books on the ground, on tables and even on the edges of the window. Some beautiful and different kind of shades of dark red are present with some dark blue too. There was a sweet smell, the same as the one on the letter.

He recognized it without any doubt.

Sweet and floral perfume with a little bitterness that must be coffee, her apartment mainly smells of coffee and perfume. Spencer Reid knew that he and Emma were very much alike but he didn't realize until now, how much they are the same.

She's missing, and it's only when somebody you love disappears, that you realize how much you love her and how much she reflects you, in the case of Spencer.

It's sad that you have to lose someone to realize how much important they were to you. 

Agent Reid looked all around, touched her things to impregnate their sents and her presence. He didn't find any details that could look suspicious. 

He left her apartment with a heavy heart. 

He couldn't be any sadder than he already is.

As he was going downstairs, he met the young girl of earlier again, yes again. 

It's too bizarre to be a coincidence.

- You, again, smiled the lady.

- Yes, have a good day, he said without even looking at her.

Spencer Reid didn't leave without anything, he had now something to do. Search about that strange girl he saw earlier, know more about her and since when she's living there. 

Spencer Reid had noticed earlier when he was talking with her, she was lying. She didn't stop looking in every direction but Spencer Reid, precisely his eyes. It's like she knew that she can't look straight in Spencer's eyes like Spencer would know that she was lying.

She did hide her fear well until she locked her gaze with him, the young girl betrayed herself. Now Spencer must discover why.