𝟎𝟏𝟑. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫?

chapter thriteen,,

the very last time. 

━ ━ ━

AFTER WHAT SEEM AN ETERNITY of battle gazes, the tension between Emma and Diane was broken by the sound of a bell ring. 

He's here.

Spencer Reid. 

- There he is, said happily Diane as she left Emma alone. 

When Spencer arrived he found a box right in front of him with a ribbon on it, it was probably to cover his eyes. 

- Put it on, ordered Diane. 

Spencer didn't waste any time and put that ribbon on his eyes, Diane came near to him to hold him by his arm and they started walking. After a few minutes, Spencer was sat on a chair in a room with Diane. 

He didn't know that Emma Douglas was in the same room ordered to stay silent. 

After a long silence, Spencer spoke. 

- Why did you do all of this to Emma ? Did you envy her life so much? asked Spencer looking straight into Diane's eyes through his ribbon.

- No, not only. I had to show her that I can take everything that she has. Then she will remember me like she remembers my thesis, replied Diane proudly. 

- That thesis mattered more than anything. More than your own parents ? 

- They're my biological parents, nothing else, they never mattered to me. Parents would never do something as selfish as they did: a double suicide, responded coldly Diane. 

- And Bobby why did you kill him ? asked Spencer trying to gain time.

At that very moment the other agents entered the building silently without Diane noticing it. 

- He begged me to, replied Diane laughing. 

- You're the genius in all of this story. 

- You think so ? Finally someone understand it, smiled Diane happily by Spencer's words. 

- You wanted me so much, you were ready to kill anybody that knew me. Why ? asked Spencer curiously.

- I'm a genius, you are a genious too. We're the perfect team, the perfect couple, said Diane while starting to touch Spencer shoulders. 

- I want you to say it, declared Diane.

- Say what ?

- You already know, smirked Diane. 

An eternity of silence has flew in the room, the only sound we could hear was Spencer's breathing through the ribbon. 

- I...I love you, has Spencer finally said. 

Within a second Diane's lips were on his. 

It was the most unpassionate kiss Spencer has ever had. 

But for Diane, she was in another world.

And then suddenly, Diane took Spencer's ribbon off and he could finally see who was in front of him. 

Emma Douglas. 

His love.

His life.

Right there, in front of him.

Tears in her eyes, and bruises on her wrists, but within that she seems okay. 

- I don't love you. Sorry, he said sadly to Emma hoping she would understand that all of this is fake. 

Diane Turner kissed Spencer back, but then she quickly realized the lack of passion when he just said he loved her. 

She realized he's lying. 

At this very moment, the BAU agents arrived. 

Diane shoot the ceiling threating to shoot again if any of the agents got any further. 

- Diane...Diane I have a deal for you, begged Spencer as she took Emma hostage. 

- You're just like them, she replied crying.