𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫?

❝ 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐫𝐭 

𝐈'𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮.❞

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦,, 

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦,, 

𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 ?

━━━

Spencer Reid has never felt that happier since his mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. But this morning he woke up with a big smile all over his face and jumped out of his bed, the second his alarm rang. He didn't want to waste any time of this beautiful and precious day. He was so excited for the evening.

He was finally going to meet her. 

Meet Emma Douglas. 

His pen pal.

Their appointment was going to break one of their rules but Emma was more and more worried about her safety since her stalker didn't let her in peace. She wanted to feel safe again. Spencer has been trying to find any clues in the details that Emma gave him but still, he couldn't find anything that will lead him to the beginning of this case. 

He usually read through lines and finds what others couldn't, but this time it seems that nothing could him, or actually, help her. 

All he wanted was Emma in a safe place, where he was sure he hasn't to worry about her surety. 

But did he know that the only place Emma truly felt safe was in their letters. The words of Spencer Reid were like arms hugging her warmly and tightly. 

She felt safe through ink and paper.

Just like Spencer with books.

Who looks alike comes together.

They never met but they feel like they know each other by heart. 

❦ ❦ ❦

When Spencer Reid arrived at his workplace, the behavioural analysis unit, he has been interrupted in his thoughts by agent Derek Morgan. 

- What is your big smile for, pretty boy? teased Morgan. 

- I don't know what you're talking about, said Spencer shrugging his shoulders.

- Oh no, I won't accept this answer. You're the biggest genius out of here and you can't answer a simple question, come on Spencer, Morgan begged with a laugh.

- Leave the poor boy alone, Derek. Don't ruin his happy mood with your useless questions, said Alex Blake as she joins them. 

- Oh hey Alex. Thank you for supporting me but I'm not a poor boy and I can defend myself.

- Yeah sure, pretty boy, joked agent Morgan as he left them.

- So who is she to make you smile this way? said Alex as she faces Spencer.

- Who told you that someone is for this smile? 

- I can tell when somebody is in love, I have a gift for reading love expressions. It's probably due to my long love life, I guess.

- Fine, you're right. She's named Emma and we know each other since middle school when our teachers put us together as pen pals. And since that we write to each other every week, said Spencer and smiling as he remembered this morning's letter.

- You really love her, don't you ? smiled agent Alex Blake happy for him.

- Oh yes, I do since the first letter. 

- You're meeting each other today is that why you're so happy? teased him by tapping on his shoulder.

- Yes it's the first time-

- Wait, you actually never met her? Exclaimed Alex surprised.

- No, we never did, replied agent Reid cheerful.

- Haven't you been curious all these years, of what she looks like? asked Alex.

- No, it doesn't matter. She's already the most beautiful woman for me. 

❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐬. 

𝐁𝐮𝐭, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭, 

𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬.❞