𝟎𝟏𝟐. 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

❝ 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. 

𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞? 

𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝.❞

chapter twelve,,

chapter twelve,,

a long waited anger. 

━━━

THE ENTIRE BAU TEAM WAS ALL reunited together in the police office, with all sheriffs ready to take notes of the stalker's profile that would be given. 

- So we know the stalker is a white young female in her late twenties, started Aaron Hotchner.

- She was working on her thesis that she submitted to Mendal University which has been rejected so this might be one of the motives, continued Derek Morgan.

- Emma has met her stalker many months without realizing it. It's even possible that at this very moment, she's with her stalker, stated Jennifer. 

- Do you have any suspects that could possibly be the stalker? asked one of the sheriffs. 

- Yes, we have one. Her name's Diane Turner, we may not have enough pieces of evidence about her, but her turn is coming, said Spencer Reid. 

- But we know for sure that those serial murders and Emma's missing is related, the same person is behind all of this, finished Hotchner. 

After the profile was given, the police officers reported all the news they got to the local tv channel so everyone is aware of the danger that was in town. 

But the stalker had to know that the BAU was on its way for her

MEANWHILE, the BAU was working on their case, Emma had woken up suddenly on a chair with her hands and ankles tied. She looked around her, she was in what looked like an old abandoned storage house, and the room was empty. 

The last thing she remembered, was her going to the grocery shop to get necessities but as soon as she climbed in her car- blank total. 

She can't remember what happened right after her blackout. 

She was cut out of her own thoughts when she hear the sound of heels coming toward her. 

When that woman stopped right next to Emma, she looked up and saw a familiar face.

Emma had already seen this face but couldn't remember where or when. 

- Remember me, laughed Diane Turner. 

Emma sighed painfully as her dry throat hurts.

- No...no, I've never...seen you, struggled Emma to finish her sentence.

- Liar! yelled Diane as Emma jumpscares. 

- I swear...I remember...faces, replied softly Emma. 

- Stop! Stop lying! Of course, you remember me! You rejected my thesis, how could you forget?! yelled back Diane Turner as her blood was boiling. 

- Then...what was your...thesis about? asked Emma Douglas carefully. 

- Spontaneous cellular death in suicide patients, replied Diane after a long and tense silence. 

Everything clicked in Emma's brain. 

That thesis. 

She remembered it so well. 

- I didn't choose to reject your doctoral thesis...I had to, Beth told me to, explained Emma fearing Diane. 

Beth was Emma's boss but turned out she was Diane's ex best-friend too. 

- What does she have anything to do with THIS? asked Diane impatiently.

- She told me I had to reject it because... she would get me fired but also because...because she knew it was bout your parents and their double suicide. I swear...if it was up to me, I would've accepted it, finished Emma as her voice broke. 

- You are both liars! I am a genius and it was a very big mistake of you two to reject my perfect thesis it would have changed many things in the laboratory research projects, exclaimed Diane with hands in her hair. 

- There's something I really don't get in all of them.

- What is it? asked Emma carefully tears in her eyes. 

- I really don't understand what is so special about you, to the point to have Spencer Reid in your hands. But the night you had your first date with Reid, Bobby followed you, so I followed him too. And that's when I saw Spencer Reid waiting nervously for his lovely Emma to come. That's when I called you and threatened you, you don't deserve him. 

- But I do, finished Diane. 

- I wanted to have what you and Reid had, it's the least I deserve. Don't you think? asked Diane as she laughed alone. 

Emma didn't respond as she was crying silently. 

Diane Turner was watching her for months, she ruined her life, ruined her mental health and above all: ruined her special bond with Spencer Reid. 

The man she has loved like no one else. 

After a long silence, Emma finally has the courage to ask. 

- That's it, isn't it? All of this was for Spencer? 

This question took off guards Diane Turner, she didn't expect this one. 

- I...I...I just wanted him to see that I'm on your level too, started Diane.

-  And he's coming to see that, she finished. 

Emma has never been this scared during all those months, but Diane Turner has something in her that made her afraid.