𝟎𝟎𝟖. 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

❝𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦. ❞

chapter eight,,

chapter eight,,

come  back.

━━━

- I JUST GOT THE SEARCH WARRANT from the judge, announced Hotchner as he sat in the office with the other agents. 

- Ugh... thank God, hissed Derek Morgan. 

- Me, Derek and Jennifer, we'll go see Diane Turner, interrogate her and see if we can find something in her apartment that will help us continue this case. You, Reid,  stay here. No need to discuss, declared Hotchner. 

Aaron Hotchner was right, there was no need for Spencer Reid to convince him to go with them, Hotchner is the most stubborn person on earth. And there was no way he could because he was personally related to the case—one of the BAU's rules. 

When the team arrived in front of Diane's Turner house, agent Morgan couldn't stop himself from making a comment. 

- It's always the pretty girls that are the craziest.

- Learned it from experiences? teased agent Jennifer. 

- Unfortunately, yes, he laughed. 

- No time wasting, let's get in, said Hotchner seriously. 

The team entered the building and found their way easily. They knocked multiple times, and it was only after a long moment of patience, that Diane Turner opened the door. 

With a huge smile. 

It's almost like she expected their visit. 

She was waiting for them. 

- Hello...how can I help you ? she asked and pretended she didn't know they were the FBI.

- FBI. We're here to ask you some questions about a missing person, Emma Douglas, replied Hotchner as he showed his badge. 

- Oh...sure...come in, she smiled and let them in.

- Thanks, said Derek Morgan checking the girl. 

Agent Morgan was actually trying to figure out if she was really a suspect in their case, and may be responsible for the missing Emma Douglas in this case. 

She doesn't look like a stalker...at least for now. 

The agents entered the apartment, looked all around and it was empty. It doesn't look like someone who just moved in and didn't have time to decorate. Nor it looked like she hadn't any taste in decoration and she didn't know what to do with it. 

It looks like it's not even a living place, where there's actually someone living in. 

More like a permanent place. 

Too empty for a fresh mover.

- Jennifer and you, Morgan, will look around the apartment and see if you can find anything interesting while I ask her some questions, said Agent Hotchner.

- Yes boss, replied Derek Morgan. 

Agents Jennifer and Derek left, and now it's only between Diane and Aaron. 

- As I said earlier, we're currently working on a case in which a young woman has missed unexpectedly, started seriously Hotchner.

- Uh.. okay...but I don't see what it does have to do with me, she asked confused. 

- The other day, one of my agents came into this building to look into one of the apartments that belong to the missing woman. He saw you making a few back-and-forth trips in that hallway. Don't try to deny it, many cameras have proven it, explained Aaron while trying to see if her behaviour has changed.

Her position shifted a little bit, just enough for Aaron Hotchner to see it. She seemed uncomfortable like he discovered something that shouldn't have. 

- I have a friend of mine that lives on that same floor, I went to visit her there that day, she replied unconcerned. 

- Then what were you doing five times in that hallway, if you were visiting your friend? asked Aaron and a long tensed silence settled. 

She didn't have time to respond before agents Jennifer and Derek interrupted them. 

 - Are...we... interrupting something? asked Jennifer nervously. 

- No, we just finished, declared Hotchner. 

Aaron got up, put on his jacket and left with the other agents leaving Diane Turner in doubt.

But Diane was also full of rage because her plan didn't go as planned. 

She realized that she will have to make up obstacles in the FBI's path. In that way, they won't deduct that she's very related to Emma Douglas. 

Way more than they think.