Chapter 4 - A New Friend

Mr. Ishizawa and I were walking to the classroom. As we arrived I saw Haruka and Kaoru already sitting at their desks.
Mr. Ishizawa went in and sat down at the teacher's desk.
I went to Haru and Kaoru because we still had a few minutes before class starts.
"Good morning." I said.
They looked at me and smiled "Hello, (Y/N)."
The atmosphere in the whole classroom was a little depressing.

"You already heard about Ayumi... right?" Kaoru asks me. She seemed very sad even if she didn't like her.
"Yes.." I mumbled.

I was still a little bit afraid that anything else could happen since Ayumi was found dead.
I was getting lost in thoughts until someone laid his hand on my shoulder.
It was Jun. "It's okay." That was all he said.

"We should not be so anxious. We can't bring her back to life." Haru said.
"You are probably right." I responded

A few other students went in and as they heard us talking about the crime one of them came towards us.
"Did you hear what happened to Ayumi?" He started talking to us. It seemed like he wanted to scare us. He went on.
"They said that she was terribly mangled. Her fingers, they said, were c-"

"Satoshi Hatagawa. Go and sit down at your seat." Someone interrupted him. It was Mr. Ishizawa looking down at him.
Satoshi and the other students around him were startled.
"Oh... yes. I am really sorry." He said and went to his desk.
The crowd of students around us slowly dissolved.

"Is everything alright.?" Mr. Ishizawa just looked at me.
"Y..yes I'm sorry."
"You did nothing wrong so don't be sorry" He smiled at me again.
I went back to my seat while a few students started to whisper to each other.

'Satoshi probably just wanted to scare me for fun... but it worked.'

*DING*DONG*

"Alright then.." Mr. Ishizawa walked in front of the class.
"Most of you probably know what happened.
Ayumi Okada, a student from our school was found dead this morning. Nevertheless, life goes on and we continue with our lessons."
He didn't look like he would feel any pity.

"If anyone in this class feels uncomfortable or frightened please feel free to talk with me or with any other teacher at this school."
He glanced at me and smiled. I don't know why but it sends me a shiver down my spine.

He started with the history class. The whole time it was hard for me to concentrate.
I watched out of the window. 'It is a murder out there somewhere near this school...' Usually, I don't get scared this easily but I saw Ayumi just yesterday. It didn't seem that anything could happen to her.

"(Y/N), please pay attention to my classes." Mr. Ishizawa was standing in front of my desk. But to my surprise, he didn't look angry at all.
"I-I'm sorry." I answered.
He continued. At the end of the class, he mentioned that we will write a little test about the French Revolution.

After a while the school bell rang and Jun came to my seat.

"Hey (Y/N), do you want to study with me for the next class test? It seemed like you have a few problems since you are new at this school."
He was really good in history class so this would be a great opportunity to make up the lessons I missed.
"This would be really nice." I smiled at him.
"Okay then, I'll meet you at the library during the lunch break." He said and walked to a group of boys.

Kaoru and Haruka already went outside so I decided to look for them.

After a while, I saw them sitting on a bench talking to each other.
I walked towards them.
"Oh hi (Y/N) we were just talking about you. Haru smiled at me.
"Why? Am I so interesting?" I giggled and sat next to her.
"We were a little confused about Mr. Ishizawa." Kaoru started to explain.
"Well okay... but what does this have to do with me?" I asked.