Chapter 6 - A Really Bad Feeling

Y/N's POV

I woke up in the morning and went downstairs to my mother.
My ankle was still hurting a bit.

*DING*DING*
After a while, I heard our doorbell. It was Haruka and Kaoru.
"Oh, you must be (Y/N)'s Friends, right? Please come in." My mother smiled at them.
"Thank you Mrs. (L/N)".
"I'm just going to get my school bag." I smiled at them and went upstairs.

While I turned to the door again to leave my room I saw In the corner of my eyes somebody standing outside.
I was stunned for a second but I managed to look out of the window...
...you saw nobody...
'I must have imagined it.'

You turned to the door again and went downstairs.
"Let's go then". Haruka said and you walked outside.

On the way to School, you talked for a while. "Did you see Jun today?" I asked my friends.
"No sorry. As we arrived at his house his mother told us that he already went to school." Kaoru answered.

"I don't know... he never went to school by himself since we are friends... we always walked together.." Haruka looked a bit sad.

"Maybe he has a good reason for this." Kaoru said.
"You are probably right." Haruka responded.

After about 15 minutes we arrived at school. We were pretty silent as we walked to the class. I don't know why, but for some reason, I felt bad for Haru. She was always so happy around us and now she doesn't even smile.

Narrator's POV

In class, you saw Jun sitting at his desk staring at the table. The moment he saw you his eyes widened. He felt relieved that nothing happens to you but Jun was also scared and tried not to make eye contact.
"Jun!" Haruka went towards him and smiled again.
"Why did you go to school all alone?" She asked him.
"I...just felt like it." Jun responded.
Haruka seemed very confused about his answer.

Suddenly the door opened.
Mr. Ishizawa went in.
10 minutes before school starts.
Jun was stunned as he saw the teacher glancing at him.

You talked with Kaoru until class began while Jun was ignoring you.
'Did I do something wrong?' You asked yourself.
Mr. Ishizawa started with the lesson and you tried to concentrate, but you looked at Jun several times.
The whole lesson he looked down at his paper. Just several times he dared to glance at the teacher.

You noticed that something wasn't right.

"(Y/N) please pay attention to me." Mr. Ishizawa interrupted your thoughts.

At the end of class, you wanted to go with Jun and the others outside until someone called for you.

"(Y/N), could you please stay here for a moment? I have to talk with you." Mr. Ishizawa smiled.

You didn't notice that Jun turned to you. He was worried. "Jun are you coming?" Kaoru asked him confused. "Oh yes... I'm sorry."
He wanted to warn you but he was too scared. 'I can't help you. I'm so sorry.' He thought and walked away, still terrified of the teacher.

You sat down at your seat again while Mr. Ishizawa closed the door.
He sat down in front of you and started to talk.
"Okay, my dear. I am a bit worried about you. You were spacing out at this lesson quite often..."
He leaned over to you. "...and I want to know, what exactly makes you distracted like this."

"I'm really sorry... It won't happen again." You looked down. "I don't want you to apologize. I want to help you. So please tell me why you were spacing out like this." Mr. Ishizawa said while he leaned even closer to you.

"I..I was just.. just worried about Jun... he acts weird today." You said quietly.
"Weird you say..." He smirked for a moment.

"Don't think too much about it. You don't need him anyway."