curse , x (afab) reader , smut

at this point, i don't know anyone who isn't horny for mando

damn bro this is just smut with story

mando x afab reader (in terms of anatomy)

2nd person pov, pronouns (if any) are they/them

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

for such a stoic man, din got flustered remarkably easily. a single dirty comment from you sent him stuttering. he was a bounty hunter, he didn't know how to cope with the bartender of the guild's cantina flirting with him.

it didn't even take a dirty comment.
"you know," you drawled, tracing the rim of an abandoned cup a few seats down. din was unsure at first if you were talking to him, until you shot him a sharp grin. "i bet you have pretty eyes."

he paused. "thank you?"

your smile was sly, constantly etched into his brain. no matter where he was, he never stopped think about you. it was like a curse.

"so," you grabbed the empty glass, putting it into the sink before moving to stand across from mando. "you here for a drink? or for my lovely company?"

why was he at the bar? he couldn't take off his helmet. din felt stupid. he had always been so careful, thinking through every movement, every interaction. when it came to you, he might as well have been a lovestruck schoolboy. except for his kill count. he hoped.

"i'm waiting for greef," he said finally, the half-lie slipping off his tongue easily.

"and you decided to remain in my lovely company for the time being? i'm flattered." your teasing grin slipped into something a little more genuine as you placed your hand briefly over his.

it was just a touch, din reminded himself. some people are more physically affectionate. but he couldn't deny the way electricity seemed to race through his nerves when your hand brushed over the little bare patch of skin at the edge of his glove.

his curse had his mind racing and face warming.

you busied yourself with the rest of the bar, topping off drinks. you grabbed to small pack of jerky you always got for mando, passing it to him. he'd eat them later.

you pulled up a chair when you managed to nab a break, sitting and slumping into the counter, your chin resting on your folded arms.

the pair of you didn't need to talk. there was something comforting about the other's company.

din trusted you. he had from the moment he met you.

━━✶━━

food. din needed food. the bounties were slow and far between this season, and the covert had new foundlings to feed. he offered the credits to the stall and the seller made a face. the seller grabbed back her produce and shook her head.

he counted his credits before shoving them back into its pouch. he didn't have enough for anything

"excuse me," some lightly touched his pauldron and he jerked away.
"i'm sorry, but i noticed you needed food-"

he had already started walking away. din was a proud man, he couldn't stand to even look at you, he didn't want to see the pity in your eyes.

"hey!" you darted ahead of him, planting yourself in his way. "i need help moving inventory. i don't have credits to pay for the work, but i do have some preserved food that never sold." you stared up at him, not a hint of pity in your gaze.