rebel scum , oc , fluff

they're friends, your honor

my stormtrooper oc has returned

i think blast deserves happiness
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

it was quiet. the hum of the hyperdrive was the only thing filling the quiet. poe was starting to regret having left bb-8 behind.

he glanced back at blast, sitting quietly in another seat. her posture was rigid and for a moment she seemed completely still.
poe saw a flicker of movement. she was bouncing her leg, the movement barely visible.
"do you need something?" her voice startled him. she had said nothing since they left.

"no, i-" poe started before cutting himself off. "how'd you get your name?" she shifted her gaze to meet his, her dark eyes easily reflecting the streaks of light out the porthole.

"i'm good with a blast rifle." her tone was seemingly formal, but there was some sort of hesitation that gave poe pause.

"what was your rank? i don't think i ever caught it." blast shifted out of the light of the porthole and her eyes went dark.

"i was a field officer." poe froze at that.

it was a few days later when finn and blast met. it was by pure accident. finn happened to be close enough to hear blast hiss a quick "rebel scum" as the tool she was using fell of the workbench for the nth time.

finn snorted before his eyes widened.
a woman stuck her head out the hatch, narrowing her eyes. "who are you?"

"who are you?"

"i asked first."

"and i-" he stopped for a second. "i'm finn." he shifted. "what's your name?"

"matt." finn struggled to keep the smile off his face.

"matt?"

"yep. i'm a radar technician." the woman couldn't fight the grin that crept onto her face. finn laughed finally. he crouched down to peer into the hatch that 'matt' was in.

"well, 'matt the radar technician', you seem to be having problems." finn had heard a bit about the other ex-stormtrooper. poe never shut up about her. "do you need help?"

she smiled. "the name's blast. and yes, i do need some help."

poe found the pair a few hours later, sitting a little outside the hangar. blast had found a way to scale a strong and old tree, finding a comfortable place to sit while finn swore at her from the base, trying not to laugh. poe jogged up to greet them.

"poe!" finn called out the second he spotted the man. "tell blast to give up my jacket." poe snorted, only now noticing blast wearing the brown leather coat with a sly, teeth-baring grin.

she was laughing and smiling, and she was happy; and for now, in the moments between heartbeats and loss and firefights, that would be enough.