diplomacy , wolffe x afab!reader , lime

they/them pronouns babyyyyy

reader is a part of a royal family

reader has a sister

this started as a goofy royalty + bodyguard au and then my brain was like "no <3" so now there's major character injury and ptsd flashbacks
we can't have nice things

wolffe is my favorite clone trooper <3

as i'm writing this i'm starting to think the reader is hot. uhhh.

it's a little later and the reader is super hot

backless tops are gender neutral and hot on everyone

also i'm writing this from my reference of being more thAN HALF A FOOT SHORTER THAN ALL THE TROOPERS. GOD.

competence and gun kink (if u squint. not really you don't have to squint). i'm just exposing myself on the internet.

i'm calling this a lime bc it gets to the very start of the ✨devil's tango✨ but not all of it

ft. siblings being smug and conniving assholes

this is barely under 5k long 👁👄👁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you guess the troopers around you weren't particularly thrilled at being assigned to escort the sovereign of some forgettable neutral planet to a meeting with a separatist representative.

you shift awkwardly. "do you troopers want some food?" one of them glances at his superior, one that's dressed up with a kama. for a moment, the commanding trooper seems like he's going to say no. until the kel dor jedi settles a hand on his shoulder. general koon, you remind yourself.

"fine," the commanding trooper says. the troopers almost bounce with excitement when you gesture for them to follow you.

apparently food was the way to a man's heart. most of the troopers started warming up to you, popping a few jokes here and there, chatting about gun mods and prototypes.

"excuse me, sir, but i'm not entirely sure why you're on the mission to begin with?" one of the troopers—boost, you think— says, avoiding eye contact and stabbing a fork into his food idly, nervously.

"the neutral sector doesn't allow troopers. the... wolfpack...?" you trail off, glancing to the troopers for confirmation. they nod at you, a little to aggressively to be normal, but you push that aside. "the wolfpack is supposed to be an escort to and from the neutral sector. and," you add, flicking a crumb from the counter you were perched on. "you'll be there to help protect the sovereign if anything goes wrong."

"do you think something will go bad?" you didn't see which one spoke then.

"i assume everything and anything will go wrong." you catch the commanding trooper— commander wolffe, one of the others called him— giving an approving nod.

"and you?" your head snaps to wolffe as he speaks. you're surprised he spoke at all. "you outlined our role, but not yours." you throw him a grin, a sharp one that spells mischief.

"since i don't work under the republic government, i'm the sovereign's guard while we're inside the sector." wolffe's visor shifts, a slow drag up and then down, sizing you up.

"why you?" there's no snark behind his tone. it's a simple, honest question. so you answer in kind.

"top of my class in the top combat academy in my system. trained with a focus on covert and—" you hesitate "—anti-jedi weaponry." the troopers seated at the table narrow their eyes and one opens his mouth to speak. their metaphorical hackles are raising. you hold up a hand. "listen. some of the separatists use similar weaponry to the jedi. i may be from a neutral system, but i'm still part of the republic. i would never use my training against a jedi." boost's eyes are still narrowed, but he relaxes after glancing in wolffe's direction.
you turn to wolffe and catch him giving the troopers a little nod.