sick , x gn!reader

get well soon present for blondebucky , u absolute mandalorian simp

implied sexual content??? because everything i write is apparently a little horny now
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"you're sick," mando said, and if you didn't know better, you'd say he sounded worried.
maybe the fever was getting to your head.

"what gave it away?" you drawled. you winced at the rasp in your throat. mando stayed silent, likely deadpanning behind his visor.

"i'll get you some water."

"i can get it myself," you muttered, rising to your feet. your heart pounded in your head. the ship must've been under attack; it was spinning around you. you stumbled.

mando let out a laugh, bordering on condescending. his hand was heavy as it landed on your shoulder, pushing you back to the seat. "sure you can, cyar'ika," you would have flushed if his voice weren't dripping in derision.

"you fucker," you snapped. "i can still beat your ass when sick."

"as well as you can stand?" you brought a knee up and slammed it into his groin. he doubled over with a groan. you leaned in closer, enough that your breath fanned over and fogged his visor.

"you should invest in a codpiece, copikla," you almost purred. you expected a sharp retort. you didn't expect him to freeze, one hand by your hands where he had instinctively braced himself.
his visor gave nothing away. "mando?" you prompted, voice shaking for a reason other than your sore throat. that seemed to snap him out of it.

mando jerked back, the stoic facade dropping back over him like a weighted curtain. he said nothing as he left, the hatch sliding shut behind him.

you could only hear the hum of the hyperdrive as the razor crest hurtled through space.
a few minutes passed in silence.
you rose to your feet, stumbling a bit. the hatch slid open for you.

"mando?" your voice cracked and caught. you leaned against the threshold, a cough wracking your body. "i'm coming down," you said, panting. you heard a quick, strained confirmation. you didn't think much about it, too focused on the rungs beneath your hands and your wavering sense of balance.

your feet met the floor harshly, sending jolts of pain up your legs.

"careful," mando murmured, and his hand was on your waist, steadying you.
his hand felt hot. you glanced down to see his bare hand, grasping your shirt.
you turned, finding him a bit to close for you two to be just business partners. his other hand settled on the ladder behind you.

"i-" you cleared your throat. "-i came to... apologize."

"for what?" he never seemed to stop that condescending tone. your mouth twitched.

"nevermind," you snapped. you moved to push past him and he stopped you.

"listen," mando said. a sigh, almost lost beneath the modulator. "i haven't treated you with-" he fumbled, his helmet tilting to look at something "- the respect," he gritted out. his voice sounded strained again. "that you deserve."

"i appreciate that." you expected him to move now that he'd said his piece. he didn't.
"mando," you said, voice low in warning. the noise he let out was almost pained.

you knew the bounty hunter was bad at communicating. once after a job gone bad, it'd taken hours for him to come to you to help. mando had gotten stabbed, and he couldn't reach the wound well enough to clean and bandage it. you only huffed in disappointment then. scolding the mandalorian would do next to nothing. you bandaged his wound in near silence, only speaking when you brushed a hand over the bandaged wound and murmuring a quick "i'm done. i'll get you some water." his visor snapped to you, tracking you the entire time.

he was still bad at communicating. "did i hurt you?"

"no," he said quickly, jerking back. "it's-" he hesitated "-it's nothing. let me get you some water."

"are you sure?" mando paused. the moment stretched long between the two of you. you watched his pauldrons rise and fall in tune to his breathing, light bouncing off the beskar and dancing across the walls.

"why do you do that?" your brows furrowed.

"do what?"

another pause. "check up on me," he said, waving a hand. "you get me water, ask me if i've eaten, tell me to sleep," mando continued, the words spilling out, as if he'd taken off his armor and all that was inside was a storm waiting to roll in and consume everything in its wake.

"because- you're a person?"

there it was, the thing he had tried to avoid. the way you treated him was unfamiliar because he was never treated like a person- he was treated as a tool, a prize, means to an end.
din exhaled shakily.
the same way he had treated you- tried to treat you. he tried to not get so close; attachment never ended well for bounty hunters.

but maker, you pulled him in like a blackhole.

"mando?"

the words came out before he could stop them. "my name is din."

"din." din swore he could die a happy man.

he thought you'd be disgusted by him, the reason he'd froze in the cockpit earlier- staring at your flushed face, a slight sheen of sweat coating your face, chest heaving. the fire in your retort, the subtle change in expression left his head spinning, mind wandering into dangerous fantasies.
he thought you'd be disgusted by why he was missing a glove when you came down.

the way his name dripped from your mouth sent him teetering off a dangerous edge.

din wanted to hear his name again from your lips, in a different way. he shook his head to clear his thoughts.
"sit down, and i'll grab you some water." his feelings could wait; right now, you needed some help.
"don't worry, i'll take care of you."