hope to die , gn!reader x mando , smut

gay story based on the gay country music man

i will be sad and gay in the corner thank u very much

reader is an ex covert member and a current bounty

pre baby yoda/grogu

bj 👁👄👁 and face fucking don't @ me

over 1800 words of sin <3

mando'a is so fucking weird i love it

reader's naughty bits aren't specified

mando is lowkey highkey a bottom

shoutout to cock being a weird word (wtf am i supposed to call it?? a rod? a member? a death stick????)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"i should've killed you as soon as you left the covert."

"so, why didn't you?"

there was a second of silence. you both knew the answer- the truth trembled in the tense air between you two, seen but never spoken.

until now.

"i was a stupid kid in love." knowing didn't take the shock from his words. you flinched, heart thudding and air stolen from your lungs. "if-" he broke off, the words shuddering and hesitating in his mouth. the vocoder couldn't hide the hurt in din's voice, it never could. "if you hadn't left, we could've- we could've made it."

you swallowed. "like you said," you started, willing a bite of beskar and venom into your tone. "we were stupid kids." your hand drifted toward the blaster at your hip. "we never would've made it."

"don't. don't make this more difficult than it has to be."

"we both know i can't be taken in."
din bit his lip beneath the helmet. the bounty had come from a syndicate. but he'd taken the bounty. too much was at stake to lose the bounty reward.

sometimes there's no way to win.
your blaster was out first, hitting din with a glancing shot before you darted off, jumping down a fire escape.

din hissed a swear in mando'a, clambering up from where the blast had knocked him down. he bolted after you, catching only glimpses of you as you turned each corner.

you were always better at tag, far more nimble and quick than him. back then, he could only catch you after you started laughing, breath shortening.
he'd tackle you to the ground and the pair of you would tumble across the concrete, laughter coming in short, exhausted huffs.
and usually, for a split moment, he'd want nothing more than to keep you in his arms and press his helmet to yours.

but he'd let you go and roll off of you.
you'd stay there, staring at the ceiling and wondering aloud what the stars looked like, how much you'd like to visit each. the only stars din saw were the ones when the pair of you sparred, when he caught little glimpses of scars across your skin when your clothes shifted. he saw the entire universe when he was with you. and that was enough for him.

but the covert was never enough for you.

this wasn't a childhood game anymore, and you weren't his universe. there was a crowd around this corner. it would slow you down, but you could slip away. but din had memorized your face the moment he saw it- the day you abandoned the covert.