oh, cassandra (experimental drabble)

i'm back. i look pretty good for a dead bitch

inspired by the iliad
main character is referred to as cassandra??? but it is vague as hell. idk. i'm half asleep

vague body horror kinda. just weird descriptions really

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

(oh cassandra, the sound of pity makes you tear your hair out.)

coruscant is lonely. this booming, sprawling ecumenopolis of dust that throbs and pulses with life, is yet gutted and empty. hungry, hollow eyes and frail hands with translucent skin.
there is nothing on coruscant. nothing of worth. it is where people go to disappear. and disappear they do, smothered, drowned, beneath the smog and haze, the spice-smoke and the acidic midsummer rains of the low levels.
it's a perfect place for a jedi shadow.

(oh, cassandra, are you washed up? they take one look at your hollow eyes, your too-sharp teeth, and they are suddenly deaf.)

coruscant is alive, as much as the metal planet can be, a festering parasite of acid and metal, turning, gyrating, crushing the galaxy in the cogs and gears.
shadows are lithe, fast, plucking through the machinations silently. like scavengers, they listen.
the planet speaks, if one cares to listen.
shadows do. the council does not.
the council has always been stubborn, too stuck in its ways, a luxury afforded to few, a habit that would kill them.

(oh, cassandra, they don't believe you. they shut their ears to the ringing funeral bells, close their eyes to the burning stake. no pyre is lit for the so-called traitors of history.
oh, cassandra, why won't they listen?)

(oh, cassandra, it is not your fault that troy falls.)