we can talk , fox x gn!reader , angsty fluff

if this were on ao3 this would be tagged with "fox needs a hug"

established relationship

technically spoilers for tcw but it's an iykyk type beat. if u don't know what's being referenced it doesn't spoil anything

i will fight anyone who disses fox (unless u wanna diss him for being a cop bc in that case i agree)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

the bed dipped, jerking you from your sleep. "fox?" you asked blearily, blinking the sleep from your eyes.

"i'm sorry i woke you. i'll- i'll leave." there was a raw edge to his voice that you were unfamiliar with. you loosely grabbed his wrist as he stood to leave.

"do you need to talk?" you sat up, finally seeing fox fully from where the neon coruscant lights streamed through your blinds.

fox shook his head but started to speak anyways. "i- the blaster wasn't on stun- they made me-they-" his voice splintered and broke as a dry sob wracked his body. you rose to your knees, wrapping him in an embrace and carding your fingers through his curly hair. you'd never seen him so vulnerable, so lost.

"come here." your voice was soft. he obliged without a second thought, crawling into the bed with you and curling into you. the pair of you lied down, pressed closely together.
"do you need to go back to your barracks?" fox shook his head, pressing his forehead against yours.

"we can talk now, or in the morning. we don't have to talk at all if you don't want to."

"in the morning," fox murmured against your skin. he pulled closer to you, so close that you could swear that you were apart of the same whole. your eyes remained open, staring into his as you pushed his hair from his face. his breathing evened out as his eyes fluttered shut. you pressed a soft kiss to his head.

this war was hard. on everyone.