Ch 29 - All Better

ATTENTION RADISH READERS! Please don't leave any spoilers in here or you'll be getting a spanking from Alfie. Or Elliot. Or Keira. Whoever you'd prefer. 😘

***

"What is it?" Alfie asked, watching me as I looked around the cold monochrome hallway of his mansion. Those strange black squares the only things breaking up the monotony of the white walls. 

"Just remembering how much I hate your house." I peeked at him to see if he was offended but he wasn't.

"Like I said, throw paint at the walls if you want. I don't care," he shrugged, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Are you hungry?"

"Not really."

"We could watch a film, if you want to." 

I raised my eyebrows at Alfie Tell volunteering to spend a few hours staring monotonously at a screen. "Right, in your own private cinema?"

"I've never used it. You, uh, you like films."

"Yeah, Alfie. I like films. Me and the rest of the human population." I quipped and he rolled his eyes.

"So, we could watch one? And eat...popcorn?"

"You have popcorn?" I could not envision Alfie eating popcorn.

"I have no idea, but I could get some." 

"I don't think we should watch a film."

"Why?"

My hands twisted in front of me, unsure how to explain it without laughing. "Because people never make it to the end. It usually goes how it went the last time we tried to watch a film..." I raised my brows, smiling as he caught my meaning. The last time we'd tried to watch a film together had ended with him doing unspeakable things to my clitoris with an ice cream spoon.

"Yeah...we wouldn't want that." Everything in his eyes told me that's absolutely what he wanted. 

I swallowed, wrapping my arms around myself. That was a road we shouldn't go down. "I'm pretty tired."

"Liar," he said so sharply I flinched, "if you need space from me, just say so."

"Okay, I need space from you. But you look exhausted, you should sleep." 

"I have work to do," his expression eased into something softer, "explore the house as you wish. Eat, take a bath, use the cinema yourself if you want, I won't disturb you. If you need anything, press the intercom in any of the rooms, one of the staff will respond." 

"Alfie, you need to rest."

"I need a lot of things I can't have," he muttered so softly I wasn't sure he meant for me to hear. "I'll rest later. Don't worry about me," he reached out one hand to cup my face, gazing into my eyes I saw the deep affection there. Once again, that dread crept up my spine and I stiffened, warding him away. He backed off, clearing his expression. "Ask Ada about her ice cream stash, I'm sure she'll hook you up."

I watched him disappear up the stairs, fighting the urge to go after him. As soon as he was gone, my stomach grumbled. I guess I was hungrier than I thought, being around Alfie these days had a tendency to suppress my appetite. I kicked my shoes off and went in search of the kitchen.
I found it, only getting lost once. I searched the cupboards, trying to find something easy but everything was so damned fancy. I couldn't even pronounce half of this stuff. 

"Looking for something?"

I gasped and spun on my heel. "Ada! I'm sorry, I was hungry and Alfie said- "