Ch 31 - Don't Run

ATTENTION RADISH READERS! Please don't leave any spoilers in here or you'll be getting a spanking from Alfie. Or Elliot. Or Keira. Whoever you'd prefer. 😘

***

"This feels weird." I looked out of the car window and up at the impressive structure looming over Alfie and I.

"Why?" He asked as he drove us into the private underground car park.

"It's weird that I've never been to one of your hotels before." I'd felt a bubble of excitement as soon as I saw the ornate gold Tell Hotel sign. I'd always been curious to visit one of Alfie's hotels but I couldn't help but wonder what we were doing here. For a moment I'd panicked that Alfie was about to try and seduce me in some hotel room, but he was smarter than that. "How come you never took me when we were together?"

"I don't like visiting my fathers hotels. Particularly this one." He pulled up, the engine shuddering into silence as he switched it off. "It was the first one he built."

I nodded, reading between the lines. His father was in every inch of this place, it made sense Alfie didn't like being here. "So, why bring me?"

He glanced over, catching my gaze in the dark. "I want to try something with you." I narrowed my eyes on him - I didn't like how vague he was being. "Trust me?"

"No, but I'll come with you anyway."

We walked in silence through the private car park, my heels echoing on the ground. He led me into an elevator, pressed the gold 'P' button and keyed in a code, giving me a bizarre sense of deja-vu.

"The presidential suite?"

"Yes, it was where my father always stayed when he was in town."

My stomach turned over, my earlier excitement for the evening gone. I had a feeling this was going to be a rough night.

We sped up, up, up so high I thought we might reach outer space before finally, we began to slow. Alfie turned to me, his hand slipping into mine.

"I've been thinking about what you said about not knowing how to get past what I did. About it being...insurmountable. I've come to the conclusion that an outside opinion might be helpful." What the hell did that mean? He squeezed my hand as we shuddered to a stop and the doors opened. "Don't run, okay?"

He stepped into the suite, taking me with him. I gasped as I took in my surroundings. This place was...another world.

The open plan living space was vast, stairways at either end leading off to who knew where. There was so much to see and explore but my gaze was drawn to the older woman sitting in a plush armchair by the fireplace, a neat two piece sofa opposite her. 

She looked up at my entrance. If she was surprised to see me, she didn't show it. She stood, smiling, her waist length black hair shining in the fire light. Her dark skin showed none of her age, but her stylish grey roots put her somewhere in her fifties. She had a warm, steady expression and I liked her on sight. That didn't stop me looking to Alfie for an explanation.

"Lola, this is Priya Hussain, my therapist." His therapist? I swallowed, turning to the woman. 

"Uh...Hi. It's nice to meet you." I offered her my hand which she took, her wrist adorned with a set of silver bracelets enladen with brightly coloured stones. 

"Lola, I've heard a lot about you. Please, sit down." Her accent was a lilting mixture of English and Indian. She gestured to the sofa and I sat, fighting the urge to run the hell out of there. She turned to Alfie, shaking his hand, exchanging pleasantries as they sat. My hands twisted in my lap as I wondered what was going on. "Well, thank you, Lola, for agreeing to this session. I hope it'll be beneficial for you both."