𝑽𝑰. 𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑪𝑶𝑩𝑹𝑨

A NEW DAY meant a new attempt at teaching Miguel how to walk again. Even though Irene was still in police custody, Vienna still wanted Johnny to keep teaching her karate, just in case. But what she didn't expect was to see Miguel in a harness fastened to the ceiling like a giant baby.

"Are you ready, or what?" Johnny asked him as Vienna sat on one of his dining room chairs.

"I hate this. This is ridiculous," Miguel complained making Vienna chuckle.

"What's ridiculous about it?" Johnny asked him offended.

"I look like a giant baby!"

"The way you're whining and not walking, you might as well be a baby." Johnny shot back.

"Weirdly he's not wrong," Vienna somehow agreed.

"Isn't there a more badass way we can do this?" Miguel asked.

"You think tapping your foot at a concert makes you ready for badass training? Your legs are still pussies! Now, you ready to stand?" Johnny asked him.

"Yes,"

"Okay. One, two... three, go." Johnny let go of the rope that was holding up Miguel and he fell to the ground.

"Great," Vienna whispered as she quickly crouched down next to him and helped him sit back up.

"All right. Better fall that time. Let's take five." Johnny tried making Vienna roll her eyes.

"You know, uh," Miguel started as he leaned his back against Vienna's chest while she had her head on his shoulder from behind. "Mom's been talking about you a lot recently."

"Oh, yeah?" Johnny asked with a bit too much enthusiasm.

"She says thank you for taking me to that concert," Miguel replied.

"She say anything else?" Johnny asked again, making Vienna pull up an eyebrow at him.

"No," Miguel answered and his eyes landed on Johnny's computer. "You writing a novel?" He asked as Vienna spotted the very long text in all caps.

"Oh. No, it's a Facebook message," Johnny replied and Vienna pulled a face.

"That? To who?" She asked him as she wrapped her arms around Miguel's torso so she was hugging him from behind.

"I, uh... Babe from high school," Johnny said.

"Oh," Miguel nodded.

"Ali," Johnny then revealed.

"Ali? Like, the Ali?" Miguel asked in shock.

"Wait, who's Ali?" Vienna asked confused.

"Sensei's first love. This is huge. This is huge! This is so... But I mean, you're not gonna send that, right?" Miguel exclaimed and pointed at the text. But Vienna shook her head when Johnny didn't reply.

"You cannot send her that message." She told him.

"Why not?"

"Because it's, like, 80 pages. And in all caps." Vienna explained to him.

"I have 35 years' worth of stuff to say, all right?" Johnny exclaimed.

"Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah. But shorter messages are way cooler," Miguel told him. "Like, this just looks desperate. And a little creepy."

"Sending her this would be like if you liked all her photos," Vienna added, and her face fell when she saw Johnny's face. "No, please don't tell me you did that." She begged before hiding her face in the crook of Miguel's neck.