34: Moon

Draco gagged. "That is absolutely disgusting."

"Sorry. It can't be helped." Remus said.

"I suppose I'll have to be getting used to it." Draco said, looking at the empty goblet that was previously filled with the Wolfsbane potion. 

"It is better than the alternative." Remus said.

"So, we have three options for what to do, right?" Sirius asked. "The first is retrofitting another of the rooms to be able to hold Draco. The second is you share and we hope you don't fight each other. The third is Harry and Draco stay here, and Remus goes elsewhere."

"I think we should just empty an extra room for the night." Harry said. "We aren't sure Draco will transform, and we don't need to make it worse for Remus."

"I won't be kicking you out of your own home, Remus." Draco said firmly. "That would be horrible manners."

Remus' mouth twitched in a smile. "Then I suppose we'll have to empty out a room."

"Lovely, more cleaning." Sirius said, staring blankly ahead.

~~~

Remus opened the door to the muggle jeweler in a wonderfully light mood. The bell over the door alerted the shopkeep that he had a customer.

"Well hello. What can I do for you today Sir?"

"I'm looking for a couple rings." Remus said. 

"A couple of rings, hm?" The shopkeep asked. "Do you have anything in mind or just looking for something that catches your eye?"

"One in white gold, and I'm not sure for the other." Remus said, walking over to the counter. 

"Alright. We've got white gold and others." The shopkeep said. "What size for the white gold, do you know?"

"Um." Remus frowned. Muggles did need sizes, as they couldn't magically adjust. "It doesn't actually matter. It's for a photography project..."

The shopkeep raised a brow. "That's a new one. So, it's all about the looks, then. Well, over here's some of the white gold."

Remus carefully looked over what he had. "There." 

The shopkeep reached in and picked up the ring Remus had spotted. It was a wider white gold band with an intricate filigree design.  "It's a pretty one, though I'm not sure how old it is."

"I think I'll be taking that one, definitely." Remus said with a smile.

"Excellent." The shopkeep said.

Finding the second ring took more time. Remus had many more things to take into consideration for this one. Eventually Remus settled on a simple gold ring with three square cut diamonds. He hoped that he was making the right choices.

Really, Remus couldn't believe the odds. Both Harry and Draco had separately asked him to procure a ring. Remus was certain it was for each other- but neither had directly said it. 

Remus returned to Grimmauld Place to find three faces eagerly awaiting him. He suddenly realized that he would have to manage to get the rings to their respective person without the other one noticing something was off.

Remus walked over to Sirius, and wrapped him in an embrace. He slipped one of the boxes into Sirius' pocket. "Pass that to Harry when Draco isn't looking." He whispered. 

Sirius grinned. When Remus started to loosen his embrace and step back, Sirius pulled him down to give him a kiss. Remus flushed pink. 

"Well. Um. Draco, how about you show me what you three have done to the room?" Remus suggested.