chapter 9

Draal: you should've killed me.

Jim walked forward.

Jim: Look, I may not have followed your rules, but neither did the amulet when it chose me.

The crowd booing continues.

Jim: Right now, over our heads, changeling are in Arcadia.

Everyone in the crowd gasps.

Vendel: What is he talking about?

Jim: You'll need a trollhunter who doesn't have to live in the shadows. This is the time to work together. They're building the killahead--

Before getting grabbed by y/n and blinky.

Blinky: Stop! Say no more! We must leave this instant!

The crowd continues to boo. With jim getting dragged by blinky and y/n who let go.

Jim: They have a right to know.

Blinky: And you have a right to listen! Ours is an ancient race. It will take time to win hearts and minds.

Both Jim and y/n looked to draal getting stones and trash thrown at him.

Y/n: Why are they treating him like that?

Blinky: Jim spared his life, but destroyed his honor. He will never be able to show his face in Trollmarket again.

Everyone frowns but turns to walk away.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Toby: Oh, praise! [Laughs] You're alive!

Both y/n and toby hugs Jim.

Jim: [chuckles] And sore. Ease up.

Y/n: Just one more moment, nisan!

Then they hear vendel's voice.

Vendel: AAARRRGGHH, blinky.... a word.

AAARRRGGHH: Good fight.

Blinky: Yes! Very good fight, Master jim. I'll handle vendel. You get home and rest. Tomorrow, we shall join you for these... What do you call them? Ah, yes, "tacos."

AAARRRGGHH: Mmm, tacos.

Jim: So uh, you two opened the letter....

Toby: When we both read of how you thought of us, it took our relationship to a whole new level.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Jim: Just an average teenager after an average teenage day.

Y/n: hey mom, we're home. We'll just be going upstairs to do our homework.

Barbara: In here. Guess who brought tea?

Jim: [sighs] Oh, not strickler again.

Both y/n and Jim came over to Barbara, but it was Nomura instead. Jim gasps while y/n just put a normal face. And Nomura looked at Jim knowing what is going on.

Barbara: Jim, don't you have something to say to Ms. Nomura?

Jim: I'm sorry, Ms. Nomura. I should have never gone into the museum in the first place. It's an unforgivable offense and I deeply apologize.

Barbara: that's more like it.

Y/n: ▪︎-▪︎

Jim: But not as sorry as you're going to be for coming into my home, with my mother. So, you better leave now, or else we'll both be sorry.

Barbara: Jim! She's our guest. What's gotten into you?

But then Barbara pasted out.

Y/n and jim: mom!

Nomura: [clicks tongue] that speech was very moving.

With Nomura getting up from her chair and Jim backing up near y/n.

Nomura: Too bad she won't remember it when she wakes up and finds your body!

Short timeskip

Y/n got angry and decides to kick Nomura who is in her changeling (troll) form:

Both Jim and y/n ran upstairs to the bathroom. And y/n locked the door. Jim opened the mirror thing and saw his amulet.

Jim: Yes! Thank you!

And Nomura whistling is still continuing. Both y/n and Jim went to get ready just in case she knocks down the door. But then they hear fighting happening outside.

Jim went to check what was going on, then both of them checked outside of the window to see draal and Nomura fighting. Just when Jim and y/n went outside to the backward, just to see Nomura about to hit Jim with her blades before draal stopped it.

Nomura: What are you doing here?

Draal: Delivering you pain again, Nomura.

And is getting into a defending position.

Draal: Do not touch the Trollhunter and Trollhunterness.

Nomura: Suddenly you're honorable? Sorry to hear about daddy. Bular always liked the way he screamed.

Draal angrily yells/shouts and decides to try punching Nomura with her dodging. But then draal got slashed by Nomura and shouts in pain for a bit. Nomura continues to try slashing him before getting her blades grabbed and gets hit on the floor by draal, then getting yeeted her far in the sky.

Draal: Impure. You were right.

Y/n: So, you're not here to kill Nisan?

Draal: Not kill. Protect.

Random women: Be quiet or I'm calling the police!

Jim's Armor turned off and the amulet rolled near draal with him picking up the amulet and giving it back to Jim.

Draal: Take it. Don't make it weird.

Jim takes the amulet and draal goes into the house.

Y/n: Are you going to be okay?

Draal: I am.

While he sniffs a table with a still sleeping Barbara.

Draal: But, both of you? Your guys battles won't always be waged in arenas. The trollhunter won't have time to prepare, to study his opponent for weaknesses as he did me.

Draal walked up to both Jim and y/n.

Draal: Your the trollhunter and the Trollhunterness. It's time to start being afraid. [Sighs] Since I cannot go back to trollmarket, I will guard your home.

Jim: I... I don't think my mother will be okay with that.

Draal opened the door that leads to the basement, and begins to go downstairs.

Draal: this is nice. Here I shall protect you, your sister, and your fleshbag mother, Bar-bu-rah.

Y/n and jim: Mmm... close enough.

Draal: Your mother will awaken soon. I protect. I do not clean.

Jim: Right. Yep. We'll get right on that.

Draal: Fleshbag... [snorts] maybe you'll make a good trollhunter, after all. When that time comes, I will be pound to fight by your side with your sister.

Both Jim and y/n smiles at that and Jim pats his shoulder.

Jim: Thanks, Draal.
--------------------------------------------------------------
End of chapter 9
Words that had been typed: 994 words