6. I can't

"Saira, I want-" he took a step near to me that I immediately increased by taking a step back. "-I want us!"

"Not possible!" I butt in being crystal clear on my decision of leaving him. I tossed that book back on the shelf and decided to get out before creating any nuisance but he blocked my way.

"Saira! Please." He requested and grabbed my hands. "Please forgive me. Give me a chance, I will change myself. Just command me and I will do whatever you want." My eyes flickered from our locked hands to his eyes. There was a strong emotion of guilt in his eyes.

But. Why now? Where was he for the past year?

"And what about-I lack of manners, I am an emotional freak. Don't even know how to speak and all!"

"Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I am ashamed of myself to spat those all on you." I stared into his almond, black eyes that he either pretended to show guilty or he is seriously feeling guilt. Still, I shook my head-no chance to go back to him. Even Maan will not support me. Of all, I love someone else. The same who is ticked off with me for some unknown reason. And the same, who emerged from the shelves with his eyes wandering here and there in search of me.

Once Shaurya's gaze had discovered me, "Saira, we need to..." he cut off when his gaze drifted to the clenched hands of mine and Naren. Immediately I appreciated his nares to dilate and twitch of his lower jaw before he stared back at my face. The softness of his face was being replaced with hardness as the words slipped from his mouth for every second, "Hmm... your stepmother called, she asked you to bring her, immediately."

"Okay. Wait in the parking lot. I will come in a minute or two!" As I have to sort out the matter with Naren. It's obvious, my reply will be 'no'.

"She said immediately!" he emphasized.

I quirked my lip corner, "Shaurya, it's not like she is taking her last breath, right? She will wait!"

"She is my boss, and I have to follow her words."

Not giving me a chance to think or speak, he grabbed my arm and pulled me, in order to pluck my hands out from Naren's grip, and dragged me out of the library. As everyone was busy studying, they didn't pay any attention to us. "What nonsense, Shaurya-"

"And what were you doing," he interposed, "letting him back in your life so that he can break your heart again!" those words shell-shocked me. But also confused me to learn that he knew about my past boyfriend, too.

As I knew the informer, yet I pried to confirm, "Did Armaan say even this?" his silence replied to my query. I groaned with frustration and made my way to the parking lot.

And I mistook his concern for jealousy.

While pulling the car from the parking lot, "where are we heading to?" I inquired as he sped the car to a different route.

"To your stepmother's company!"

Elegant Niveditha Jewelry. That she forcibly took from my father as a present when she turned thirty. Although she has no idea about jewelry designs, she is the CEO of that company.

On the way to the textiles, I examined Shaurya to be worried and repeatedly looked in the rearview mirror. Something was disturbing him. As he has taken an oath not to start a conversation, I asked out, "What happened?"

"I think, someone is following us!" He replied gazing at the mirror.

I turned around and saw multiple cars. Having no idea which car I pried, "Which one?"

"Black Suzuki, he is following since we started from the university" Saying he parked the car at the roadside. The moment that car drove past us, Shaurya's interpretation turned false. Even though he didn't start and kept peeking inside other cars which bypassed us.