14. You don't want me now, Saira

Though I booked an appointment for my hair and makeup with a beautician, Maan made me cancel as he wanted to do my hairstyle and makeup on my birthday. Apparently, to counsel my brain to erase the idea of dating Naren. Whenever, Maan points to a person or thing saying they are not correct for me...sooner or later, it will be proven correct. But after hearing Naren's last night confession, I doubt this time Maan will be proven correct. Throwing a party in a high-society club is not that easy.

It's six in the evening and the party will start at seven. Earlier Shaurya came to the mansion to pick me up and said that he will come to Maan's place at six, exactly. After last night's argument, Shaurya did change towards me...it seemed like he decided to stop bothering me. But, I don't trust him. But the way he gazes at me, my confidence level was getting down and down. The whole time, he kept staring at me and Maan kept giving me exciting glances. Whatever, I say negatively about Shaurya to him, he is still on Shaurya's side.

Maan left me as he has to pick up Preeth for the party. I was alone in his apartment with Shaurya. Though there is a picture of admiration in his eyes, can't he just compliment me that I am looking beautiful? Before leaving his apartment, I gave a once-over to myself. I wore a red off-shoulder mini-dress. For hair, Armaan set a high-bun messy hairstyle with side bangs hanging on either side of the forehead. 

"Let's go!" He asked avoiding my gaze. I walked past him with frustration. I know I want this. This means a bodyguard and job relationship between us but sometimes he behaves like a jerk. As we approached the cellar for the car, he began searching for keys from his trouser pockets.

"You have to come with me," he informed, "I guess, I forgot the car keys, in my apartment!"

When we stepped inside his apartment, My eyes fell on the laptop and the vase that I broke, a week ago in anger. Yes, I broke it, but that day I was quite astounded to see it in the same condition as in the previous. I grabbed it and examined it carefully.

"You glued it." He nodded.

"It was from my mother, she loved pottery,"  he replied in a silent voice. It sunk my heart. It was from his mother and I broke it out of my anger. But isn't it the first time that Shaurya shared something about his personal life?  

He went inside the kitchen and came back in a minute. "I guess I kept them in my room." 

I put the vase back on the coffee table and without any intention, I touched the keys of his laptop. Which caused it to light up his laptop.

I turn around my head towards his room for once. His door was pulled inwards. I know it's not the right time, but I can find something in this.

"Did you find the keys!" I called out and leaned forward. What I saw on the screen caught my breath. Resignation letter. Shaurya is resigning. How could he leave me and go? No...he can't. Last night he mentioned that he doesn't want to leave my side. Then why now. What happened in just a few hours that he changed his mind.

I felt like my nose was unable to inhale air. I felt like my lungs were devoid of oxygen. Shaurya is leaving me. All of a sudden I felt like something was going to end. Let him speak or not or let him pass only a hurt towards me, I wanted him to stay with me.

I got up from the couch and was about to open the door to step out when I heard his voice, "Where are going without me?"

"Nowhere! Felt like suffocation in your small apartment!"

"I thought, you like this type of lifestyle!" I heard his footstep approach me from behind.

"Yes, but it doesn't mean I like cheater cocks!"