26. Love in the air

Author note:

There are a few things about Indian weddings that I want to explain and you will come through this chapter.

Mandap: It's the stage set for the wedding rituals to take place.

Pandit: A Hindu priest, who will call out the rituals for the groom and bride to repeat them and finally bind them as husband and wife

And in the Indian wedding, there is a small tradition called Shoe Stealing, in which the bride's sisters or brothers will steal the shoes of the groom when he will take them out before stepping upon the mandap, while it is prohibited to step with shoes on it. 

Author POV:

The whole hotel was decorated like a bright swan blooming, with white orchids, roses, and lilies. A small stage was getting decorated in the middle of the garden. There were hundreds of happy faces walking, chattering, making fun, and laughing. But there was one heart with uncertainty and with multiple questions haunting her brain. Saira. Her eyes were glued to her golden-designed red wedding lehenga, spread widely on the bed. There is some discomfort in her heart which clouded the fact that the man she was marrying, is no one but Shaurya.

"Sai!" Preeth stepped inside with a bright smile. Happiness was sparking in black her eyes. 

Saira appreciated it and asked, "You look so happy?"

"It's my friend's wedding, today. Why shouldn't I?" To everyone, this wedding is like a fairytale, the one we used to adore in childhood. But Saira was not the girl who ever dreamt of her prince charming coming on a white horse for her. They chattered for a couple of seconds before her mobile started to vibrate. It was a phone call from her sewer, who called to inform her that the dress she gave to stitching is ready to pick up. 

"I will go and get it!"

"Now!" Saira confirmed, staring at the wall clock which showed the time as ten past nine.

"Relax Sai! I have still six hours!" However, the first wedding was of Ilkalv and Brinda's she thought and nodded.  

There was one important person, whose presence was demanded by Saira. Armaan her best friend, whose flight is going to board from Delhi airport in ten minutes. She scolded him that he left her at that crucial moment of her life when she wanted him more. "Relax, sweetheart, my flight will arrive in forty minutes and I will be beside you in the next two hours!" He tried to calm her yells. Everyone left me alone she thought

"How are you gonna come? Do you have an address?" 

"Yes, I will hire a taxi. Sweetheart, I have to off the mobile, now!" then he cut the call turning her more lonesome.  

But momentarily another visitor came to disturb her, "May I come in?" Veer asked her politely.

"What's the sense of asking when you are already inside my room?"