Chapter 37: Misunderstanding

Saira

I glared into Rudhra's eyes. It was quite difficult to digest that Rudhra was behind everything. And he continued, still clamping my mouth with his palm. "Since I saw you, my desire to have you increased more and more!"

His palm clutched hard against my mouth and I found it difficult to take a breath. I built my guts and kneeled hard against his crotch. "Fucking hell!" he whimpered and took a couple of steps back, cupping his crotch. Leaving my dupatta inside the washroom I opened the door and ran out. 

He got succeeded to reach me before I could approach the door of the room. "Don't you dare say any word to anyone or else I will tell Shaurya–" I stomped and stomped on his foot. He wore flip-flops that's why it was easy for me to turn his foot red.

I escaped from there and climbed down to see Naveed Sahab whispering something to Shaurya in his ear. Shaurya stood tense from his chair and whirled around. His eyes widened when he took me in the picture. "Bear!" he shouted and barreled to me. He scrutinized me and soon took out his jacket and covered my back with it. 

In one second, Rudhra was behind me, standing on his foot, but in the next second, he fled up in the air and landed against the wall because of Shaurya's blow. Everyone gasped and gathered in the living room. Shaurya grabbed his collar and punched his face.

"What happened, Shaurya? Why are you hitting him?" Ashok pried with anxiety.

"He....he tried to force on me!" I replied, pulling my hands inside the sleeves of the coat.

"Listen it was a misunderstanding. When I heard sounds coming from my beside room, I thought it was Alisha!"

"What?" That's the moment, I learned that the woman who came with Schlock is Alisha. But Schlock was nowhere to be found in that herd. "I told you to stay away from me, already." She spat with frustration at him. Such disgusting cousins, Shaurya has. Schlock is interested in the female, who is taking interest in Ashok. And Rudhra is showing interest in a female, who is taking interest in Schlock. 

"Yes, trust me, guys! And stop him!" he requested but nobody dared to stop Shaurya.

"No, you said you were finding a chance to have private time with me since you saw me on the day of my wedding. And you even said that you were the one, with whom I messed up in the Circuit Mall."

"What?" This time Shaurya looked questionably at me. I apprehended and nodded.

"He just confessed and now he is lying, Shaurya!" And Rudhra was rewarded with an excruciating punch from Shaurya, exactly on his nose.

"So it's you. You made us fool all these months." Shaurya snapped at him and landed another punch in his face.

"What are you speaking about?" Rudhra questioned him with an innocent countenance. 

"Dharam call the cops!" Shaurya commanded him and immediately Dharam phoned them.

"What. Listen I am extremely sorry," he beseeched and implored but no one heard him. He deserves it. 

"You messed up her life. You risked her life. You tried to kill her." Punches followed with every dialogue Shaurya spelled. 

"What are you speaking Shaurya?" Ashok piped in, rolling his wheelchair near us.

"Brother Ashok, Rudhra is a criminal. He was taking revenge on Saira for four months and even tried to kill her, which he confessed to her."

"Rudhra is it true?" he pried unbelievably at him. 

"No. Fucking no. I can't buy what he is saying. I have nothing to do with anything. It was a year ago, she tore my shirt and..."

"Whatever you want to say, say in front of the cops, now."

****

Cops arrived and started to investigate Rudhra's room. And in a result, they found my pictures published recently in Magazines along with Shaurya. But he cut Shaurya's pictures and stored only mine. And there was a few CCTV videotapes.

"Those are my personal stuff!" Rudhra protested, even though they played them. 

They were the footage of him making out with the girls. It was the same room where I went to clean my foot. 

"Were you doing this all when I was in a coma?" Ashok asked with disgust and hurt. "You were always an embarrassment to us!"

"What is this?" One of the cops inquired.  "28 November" he informed us. The exact date of that day in the circuit Mall. That footage showed everything that happened on that day. I was crying badly because of Naren's words. Then Rudhra approached me and we got into argument. I slapped him and pushed him to escape from there.  

"Arrest him!" Shaurya demanded, boiling in rage, giving a bloodshot glare to Rudhra. Rudhra's face was swollen and blood was oozing out from the multiple injuries he obtained from Shaurya's multiple punches.

"What. Listen, Shaurya–" he beseeched.

"He even murdered a person named, Prakash," Shaurya informed to cops. Though he shouted and yelled that he has no idea about anything, cops handcuffed him and dragged him along with them.

Once the atmosphere calmed, Ashok apologized on behalf of his brother to me and even to Alisha. There were even her footage tapes among those. She left with tearful eyes and Schlock was still nowhere. Ritu and Nitu were the second to leave the bungalow.

"I am sorry for the inconvenience, Shaurya, and Saira. You both were going through a lot because of my brother."

"Please don't, you're not responsible for anything," Shaurya assured him.

"My dupatta is in the bathroom!"

"Don't worry, I will dry clean it and send it to you."

"Thank you!"

While we were walking to our car, Ashok received a call. He lifted the call and the way he responded with shock and fear we have to halt and wait till he finished the call. Later, he cut the call and looked at us with shock.

"What happened? Who was on the call?"

"Hospital. Somebody breakdown in Zainab's mother's house and brutally attacked her."

***

Do comment and share your views.