19. Then why didn't you kiss me, yet

"Shaurya," I screamed the whole way, sprinting in his direction. On my way, the backpack dropped from my shoulders and landed on the ground. Once I discovered Shaurya, I saw his back was facing me, so I went and glued my body with his plus hugged him from behind. I felt another person's presence but I cared less and glued my body to my bodyguard. 

"Saira."

"Shaurya, run! run! My kidnapper has found us, we need to run!"

"Baby Bear!" He called me again with no anxiety.

"I got you!" I heard my kidnapper's voice. 

"No! No!" I walked around Shaurya and crunched my body in his unassailable embrace.

"Stop scaring her!" I heard Shaurya demanding my kidnapper.

"Fine dude." 

I twitched my brows and looked at Shaurya, "You know him?" I pried out after breaking the hug.

"Yes," I dropped my legs and looked at the person, who introduced himself as my kidnapper. Then my eyes fell on a person, who was not only taller but also heavily built. It was like he filled the air in his deltoids. Other than that, he was wearing a turban. Of all, his appearance was striking my memory, as if I had seen him somewhere. "We were planning your kidnap for two months. And finally, we got succeeded." My kidnapper replied.

I guessed it. Shaurya was with my kidnappers. Then why did he save me that night? Maybe to gain my trust.

"No." Shaurya objected. I stared at the ground, musing about the things. "Veer, don't terrorize her–" At the same time I blurted out... "So, it was you, who bribed Naren to help with the kidnap!"

"What?" Shaurya's voice roared in the whole jungle. But the way he was glaring at me, I already made the last wish of my life. Slowly, his nares ballooned, and with a pointing glare, he propped with an extremely furious face and annoyed tone "Who. bribed. Naren, Saira?"

"Shaurya!" Veer called him, keening the range of anger building up in him. 

"I only thought you were stubborn, I never knew you were dumb." I glowered at him. He took hold of me by grabbing my arms, "Saira, you are not apprehending the danger. They almost abducted you twice." 

"Leave me!" I demanded. He can't insult me easily in front of his friends. 

He huffed and looked at his friends, "Veer, Dharam, can you both give us a moment?" I heard the crunching voices of dry leaves being pressed by their footsteps. Probably, they might have walked away for a few distances, "Baby bear." I quirked my lips. "Saira, I am concerned about your safety. And I am not going to apologize for this. You can't hide things, you knew someone has bribed Naren then why did you hide?"

In the first case, why he is showing this interest to investigate my kidnappers, and in the second case, how did Veer and Dharam find us?

"It's none of your business. Your job is to guard me then just guard me don't show your personal interest."

"Which worm invaded your brain that you are back to square one!" 

"I was never more, for your kind information." 

He smirked slightly, then pulled me close, very close, that the lower part of my stomach was clamped tightly against his, which didn't even let a layer of air pass through. "Then what was that kiss for?" 

Out of blue, we heard a mischievous throat-clearing voice. Obviously, it was from Veer. He was an annoying person, one grade higher than Shaurya. "Ehem, except Dharam no one is peeking at you both from behind the tree." Immediately, our eyes snapped at the tree, from where that voice was coming. We saw Veer peering at us, while Dharam stood watching us, without any enthusiasm masked on his face. What is he, I thought for a minute.