Chapitre Trois: Row, Row, Row Your Boat

A/N Sorry about the slow updating guys. I am just trying to find inspiration. I would love some feedback and comments on how its looking so far. Please don't forget to like and vote for my book. Tell me what you think of the characters.

__________________________________________________________________

"If that is the devil himself consider me a sinner." She said smiling in approval and fanning herself dramatically. "I'm telling your boyfriend woman!" "JUST KIDDING! He's all yours Mara, looks like our little angel wants to have her wings clipped." I frowned shaking my head and rolling my eyes at her. "I think not..." my voice trailed off as I caught him looking at me over the rim of his glass that had-WINE?? Where'd his beer go? Seriously?! Cocky, good looking and he had taste. Life just isn't fair, he raised his brow and lowered the glass swirling the wine and licking his lip like he was trying to taste the last drop of wine on his lips.

I turned away from him going outside to catch some air and get away from all the tension he had built up in the room. I could see my breath on the cold October air and my finger had started turning red from the chill. "Hey hot stuff " I heard behind but I didn't acknowledge it assuming that it was a hormone infested couple trying to neck behind some dark corner and the male half was definitely drunk.

"Hey you with da uh-with that thing on your head--angel girl I'm talking to you."

I heard the slurred words right next to me and I jumped up before he could get closer. He reeked of alcohol and he looked way too old to be at this kind of party. "Well you're not very nice are you..." He scowled at my obvious retreat and disapproval of his current appearance. "That's okay though I'll teach to be nicer" I started to assess the best way to get away from this drunken idiot glancing back at the house full of people that wouldn't hear me if I yelled. There wasn't enough space to get past him and back into the house. He must have noticed me looking around because he lunged for me and I turned and bolted. I ran the only way I could towards the woods. I know classic dumb broad move from every b rated scary movie ever. I was smart I knew he wouldn't have a chance drunk and stumbling I could hear him clumsily fumbling around to catch me. Nope! Sorry pal rape isn't on the agenda, I smiled at my victory realizing he was no longer following and then I tripped and fell. You'd think it was a simple trip face plant get up and brush it off but nothing in my life is that simple. I fell in a hole that belonged in some Alice in Wonderland book that swallowed me and I kept sliding through this dirty tunnel that swirled endlessly. Branches and twigs mixed with dirt and rocks nicked, scratched, cut, and whipped around my face, arm and legs. My legs were sufficiently carpet burned from the dirt and bruised from the rock abuse. After what seemed like hours I was unceremoniously dumped out the tunnel onto a boat; to say I had a general I idea where I was would be was an understatement. I just didn't want to believe it. It was just amazingly impossible maybe I had officially lost my bloody mind; that would have been more believable. A gust of sulfur burst up from the river Styx....

Yes, people you guessed it Styx like freaking frakin' hell. I was in hell what did I ever do in my inexperienced virginal nun like life do deserve this. Me of all people had found myself in hell. I was in one hell of a soup sandwich and if I didn't get any answers to my questions I was going to start freaking out.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE LAND OF THE DEAD MORTAL?"

I looked at the front of the boat, I loved mythology but I preferred it staying a myth a boat was talking to me?! Overwhelmed I passed out before my brain fried whatever portions of it that was left undamaged and un-charred.