Chapitre Quinze: Not All Who Wander are Lost.

Samantha's POV

I can't focus on anything...I rested my head on the pole that I was posting what felt like my millionth MISSING PERSON poster on. Samara had been gone for a five days, seven hours and twenty-three minutes. I couldn't barely function at this point no coffee, no amount of sleep or useless tips about her whereabouts made me feel better. I was about to move onto the next Cafe I saw when a set of hands wrapped around me from behind; I recognized the D&G cologne "Sky Blue" before he could say anything.

"Christian..."

"Sam.."

He pulled me closer and my eyes brimmed with tears. I couldn't bear to look at him just yet, I was probably straining our connection with my paranoia but after everything I found out it was hard not to. I turned around with my head still down and pressed my cheek to his chest and exhaled audibly.

"They're releasing him Sam.."

I squeezed my eyes shut tighter and my hands fisted Christian's shirt in frustration.

" I know you're upset but they don't have enough evidence to hold him for longer than 48 hours. I know everyone heard he was the last person with Samara but they said it doesn't mean he did anything to her."

Flashback: 48 hours Into Samara's "Disappearance"

I ran through the door of the coffee shop that asshole frequented and threw my wallet straight at his face.

*BULLSEYE*

My Michael Kors wallet hit him square in the face aiding in spilling his hot black coffee on his stupid legs. The waitress who was no doubt flirting with this piece of shit gasped and looked at me.

I suppose the look on my face screamed:

"Don't fuck with me"

Because she didn't say anything to me but mumbled something about grabbing him a napkin. I wanted to strike while the iron was still hot, there weren't many people in the small coffee shop so my caffeinated assault went unnoticed.

"Hey asshole!"

He was seething but I suppose since we were in public he was trying to keep his cool. I approached his booth and bravely slid in it and he finally looked up to face me, his face red with fury or from the hot coffee I just spilled on him not that I gave a shit.

"I'm only going to ask you one time before I do more than make you spill coffee on yourself" I said sliding my wallet back to my side of the table." What did you do to my friend Samara yesterday and where is she?"

He started laughing and took the napkin that I didn't even notice the waitress had dropped off and dabbed his black t-shirt.

" I don't know who you're talking about Samantha."

My brow twitched when he said my name. This guy had some nerve even coming to my party, he was one of the players from our rival school last year that left for college last year. The nerve of this asshole to pretended he didn't know who she was when I specifically took a thousand photos of her in her Halloween costume and made "Have you seen me?" posters since the cops wouldn't let me file a report until the end of the day today some BS about it having to be 24 hours and that she probably ran away. This jerk face threw up all over the back patio by the time I noticed Samara was gone I had just finished having Christian hose his disgusting puke off the back deck.

"You know exactly who I'm talking about you inebriate! Everyone said the saw you trying to talk to her."

"I said I didn't see your little weird bitchy angel friend okay Samantha!"

I smirked. I had him exactly where I wanted him. "Oh yea? Then how'd you know she was the one under the angel costume!? You don't even go to our school!" He suddenly looked uncomfortable and I decided to keep on him because I caught the waitress talking to the coffee shop owner and looking in my direction.

"Look I didn't do shit to her. I tried being nice to the stupid loner and she got spooked and ran off on me."

The manager started walking toward me and I dashed out of the coffee shop before he could call the cops on me for harassment.

"This isn't over Travis!'' I screamed at him as I left.

End of Flashback

''Baby I know you want to find her but we can't just accuse him the only reason they kept him so long is because my uncle knows how passionate you are about finding Mara. Hey, look at me." Christian tilted my chin up and tears spilled out of my eyes." Baby..." he trailed off.

"I-I just--" I hiccupped as I began crying." I want her back... who loses their best friend on the same day they come back into their lives Christian?! S-she didn't even want to be there but I was pushy and I made her go because I was just so excited and now she's probably locked in some drunk's basement..."