Chapitre Dix: Capitulate

Hades anger radiated off him so profoundly that the gods on Olympus could feel his presence long before his impending arrival. Zeus froze he had never seen Hades like this before. He and his wife urged the other gods into the courtyard that faced the north end of Olympus where Hades would make his appearance. There were low murmurs in the court the gods were becoming unsettled wondering if this had gone too far...Zeus himself was curious wondering what about this girl had gotten under Hades' skin so quickly.

Hades had conditioned himself for eons not to act rashly or be easily apoplectic. Zeus was curiosity grew then he realized he could sense Hades anymore everything was quiet, suspiciously so...

"Who are we waiting for?" A voice from the middle of the group asked slow and menacing the way you'd imagine Scar (from lion king) spoke to his prey before devouring it. The group scattered leaving Zeus facing Hades who stood in the middle of the group the murmurs died down.

"Hades..."

"Zeus" He replied his jaw ticking.

Hades' jaw was set in such a sharp line, Zeus only imagined it could be used to cut silk simply by resting it on the surface of his jaw. Sensing Hades', no nonsense demeanor at the moment Zeus decided to tread lightly around Hades for now.

"How rare it is for you to visit us unannounced?" Zeus began then Hades' face morphed from a sardonic smirk into a full-on scowl.

"Oh, spare me the fallacious pleasantries. I want that mortal gone you have a fortnight to get rid of her; Or so help me, I will tie her still breathing body to the Titans in the pits of Tartarus!"

The other gods started murmuring again in at the speed of high school mortals during a heated argument. Zeus cocked his eyebrow he could not fathom what it was that made Hades so eager to get rid of the girl. Maybe, things were working and he was finding love again and Hades was afraid and wanted to get rid of the girl before he got into things too deeply. But after Eons of watching Hades either furious at the world and scorned by Persephone's betrayal, he wanted him to find love maybe make a family as he and his own wife Hera had.

"Hades you're being unreasonable; the mortal didn't end enter the Underworld of her own free will or knowingly--"

"YOU"RE RIGHT IT IS ALL OF YOU WHO ARE TO BLAME!" Hades' eye burned so blue they appeared a piercing silver color the veins in his arms straining against his skin as his fist tightened.

The gods shrunk back from him the sheer force of his rage making the goddess' pale with discomfort. Then arms wrapped around Hades' stomach as his body shook and he grabbed the person by the collar lifting them of the ground like they weighed as much as a feather.

"Y-you! Do you even know what you've done?! You, insolent child"

The girl's stared back into Hades' eyes she was shaking like a leaf but she was as stubborn as he, after all her uncle taught her everything she knew about mischief. Zeus lunged forward to interrupt but Hera clutched his arm shaking her head. She knew no matter what mood Hades' was in he wouldn't harm Aphrodite, she wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt at the very least.

"I made you feel again." She said

The courtyard grew so quiet as everyone watched their interaction. Hades' eyes widened and then he lowered his niece to the ground.

"You are all dismissed..." He said and with no further encouragement was needed all the gods and goddesses concealed themselves each going back to their own realm. Only Zeus, Hera, Circe and Aphrodite were left surrounding Hades. "I said everyone leave why are you three still here? I want to speak to my niece alone or would you prefer me take her to the land of the dead with me?"

"Hades we just want to talk to you." Hera said

"The time for 'talking' is past. What. Circe? Don't you have another husband to murder? Go back to Aeaea, witches are not on my list of favorite beings right now..."

"I was going to offer you a solution to problem but I see you've got it covered..." She trailed of whimsically.

Aphrodite's head snapped in her direction and she glared her brow knitting in irritation. "Why don't you mind your business Circe and--" Hades raised his hand and Aphrodite stopped talking his brow cocked watching the Circe wearily.

"What is this solution of yours?" He nodded his head urging her to keep talking.

"I could erase the poor things memories we'll make it the reverse of the last mistake-- I mean mortal women that ended up in the Underworld with you."

Hades frowned he didn't trust Circe they use to have a thing after she murdered her husband but now she just gave him a slimy feeling in his stomach. Then he thought about Samara she'd be so confused about what was going on and where her time went. But it would be better than her staying with him and keeping him constantly losing his sanity.

"You cannot possibly be considering this uncle." Aphrodite's voice struck a nerve reminding him he really ought to give her a good lashing.

"Whose fault is it that I even HAVE to consider it! You just can't stay out of anyone's business, can you? You are the goddess of love so of course you aren't aware but do you know what a broken heart feels like Aphrodite? WELL, DO YOU?!"

She shook her head her eyes stating to water and Hera rushed to her holding her.

"It feels like you are stuck swimming in a lake of fire with no shore! I'm sorry if things aren't going the way the way you thought but this is not a fairytale and I'd appreciate if you would stop meddling in my lack of a love life. I DO.NOT want one."

"Do what you must Circe. I just want her gone."

"Of course, Hades whatever you want. And darling if the underworld is ever too 'cold', you know where to find me." Circe winked and before Hades could say anything she dissipated into thin air.

"Well that's it?" Aphrodite asked indignantly.

"YES, THAT IS IT! NOW MIND YOUR BUSINESS." And with that Hades donned the Helm of Darkness and left Olympus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Charles w/ Love