Chapitre Sept: Siren Songs

Samara POV

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?" Hades yelled causing me to whip my head toward Asomdeus to see what would happen.

"She--" Asmodeus started to speak gesturing with the hand that held the dress he got for me. Hades' eyes flickered to it before narrowing then turning his glare on Asmodeus he cut him off.

"You can't take care of one little mortal girl Asmodeus?!"

"I was just getting her something to wear and she--"

"GET.OUT !"

Asmodeus looked at him with wide eyes, then he opened his mouth and shut it and began walked to the door before Hades hand shot out and halted him. I flinched thinking he was going to hit him. I watched him take the dress from him, while looking in his eyes. Then he looked in my direction and tossed it at me.

"Go change, you look filthy." He said in my direction.

             I bristled at his command; he called me a little girl, and now I was filthy?!  I bet you would look filthy if you just fell down a human-sized rabbit to jerk! I was a grown woman! I was irritated at how he just dismissed me without even sparing me a glance; before I could even protest that I didn't know where to go. He pointed to door of the walk in closet Asmodeus had just come out of. I rolled my bottom lip under my teeth while resisting the urge to say something to piss him off and get killed by him and then end up here forever. I noticed the closet lead to a bathroom and I decided to take my chances and entered. Turning, I noticed only a tub was present, but it was huge almost like a Jacuzzi but in the shape of a beautiful claw foot tub. It was also surrounded by different assortments of bath salts and flower petals; I tossed some of into the water and I started filling it with water. I grabbed the soap settling into the warm water letting it soothe the pain, I was getting from all the small cuts and bruises. I closed my eyes turning the water off and threw a rag on my face.

I had no idea when. But I had fallen asleep in the tub, not that I minded.

......................................................

Hades paced around the room frustrated, he ran his hands though his hair and groaned. He had let Atropus get to him again, he had let her get under his skin and lost his composure; an error he would not soon be repeating. Hades laid back onto his bed closing his eyes and letting his mind wander. What could they be thinking sending another woman to him?... Had the gods no conscience? He could hear the sand in the hourglass falling rapidly, he could hear the water in the large claw foot tub move as she entered the tub. He could almost smell it when the water licked against her skin.

Hades grabbed his head willing the damn woman to be gone, then got up and walked out of the room into the garden overlooking the glass ceiling that let him see into the mortal world. He wondered if anyone was looking for her, or even worried about her whereabouts. Did she have a family? He knew she had friends they were with her yesterday. Did she have a boyfriend? He brows knitted together in irritation at the mere thought, he shook his head. When he saw Aphrodite she would get a clear lick on the backside for her troublesome meddling. That stupid niece of his with her head in the clouds.

He let a slow smile creep onto his face, it had been so long since he had visited her, ever since... In any case Aphrodite must have gotten much bigger. He remember the troublesome, fire-haired child that followed him and Asmodeus around ever since she was a toddler. Not that he was a great influence for a child; but he doted on her and she loved him more than the other gods. He wasn't sure, but maybe it was because she was the goddess of love? Maybe, it was because even as a child she realized he didn't 'love' anything?