Ch 12

Thinking

*Actions*

Your POV

Y/n: So all that was a test huh? These girls really are serious about all this.

I had just left the dojo a minute ago, and I was looking for a kitchen or something to get a snack and some water.

Sakura: Oi! Y/n!

I turn around and see Sakura, still in her bodysuit but without her mask.

Y/n: She kinda cute.

Sakura: That was a close match, good job!

Y/n: Thanks!

Sakura: *Embarrassed* Sorry about the kick to the face.

Y/n: Nah, that's fine.

Sakura exhales in a relieved manner before looking at me with curiosity.

Sakura: Wanna get something to eat?

Y/n: Uh where? Most of the city is overrun and ruined?

Sakura: Pfft, not outside, in the cafeteria. You've got to try Kyoshi's cooking!!!

Y/n: Oh, right. Sure! Lead the way.

Sakura leads me down a few hallways and rooms before stopping infront of one that says "Dining Room".

Sakura opens the door, and the room inside looks very quaint and comforting.

Sakura: Take a seat, I'll go get some water and, what snacks do you like?

Y/n: Oh, uh, F/S (Favorite Snack) please.

Sakura: Sure!

She reaches into the fridge and pulls out 2 waters, F/S, and strawberry mochi.

Sakura: Here you go. *Hands over the F/S and water*

Y/n: Thank you. *Starts drinking the water*

Sakura was about to sit down and join in but we were interruped by a sound I did not think I would hear in this dystopian world.

???: MAMA!

Y/n: Eh???

I turn around towards the voice and I see a small girl with long, white hair, big, innocent, red eyes and a small, spiral horn.

Sakura kneels down and pats the child's head.

Sakura: Hi sweetie, how was your nap?

???: It was good!

Sakura: Are you hungry?

???: Yes!

Sakura picks her up and sits her down at the table.

Sakura: Wait there, I'll get you some apples.

???: Okay Mama!

Sakura then walks back towards the kitchen and starts washing, peeling and cutting some apples.

???: Hi.

My attention is then brought back to the child, who is now looking at me with pure curiousity in her eyes.

Y/n: *Waves with a close eyed smile* Hello! What's your name?

???: Eri. Like Auntie Eri, the dragon.

Y/n: Well nice to meet you Eri, I'm Y/n.

Eri: *Slightly broken* Y-Y/n?

Y/n: Yes. Is that your mom? *Points to Sakura*

Eri: Yes! Her and Auora are my moms. *Points to Sakura* She is Mama, and I also have Mommy Aurora!

Sakura then returns with a plate of sliced and peeled apples and a small cup of warm tea.

Sakura: Aurora and I adopted her around two years ago.

She sets the plate and tea infront of Little Eri and watches her eat the apples with a small, motherly smile.

Sakura: When I left the Hissakai, I brought her with me. I knew she couldn't stay there, and I didn't know if she would find someone to take care of her, so when I joined the Valkeries, I asked Aurora if she could stay here. She nit only let Eri stay here, but she adopted her alongside me, and the other girls treat her like family.

Sakura pauses a bit, almost like the word family was strange to her.

Sakura: Well, more like a second family, like how we treat each other.

Y/n: What do you mean?

Sakura: All of us, we were either were abandoned, neglected, or lost our original family in some way. We found each other, and fixed what was broken within us.

Y/n: You became family.

Sakura: *Sighs deeply* Exactly.

A scilence fell over us, only broken by Eri's soft bites.

Eri: Mama, I'm done.

Sakura: *Smiles* Ok honey. Let get you to yiur room. *Stands up* Well, thanks for the training, the snacks and the therapy session, but I got to get this little one to her room.

As she left, only one thought filled my head.

Y/n: These girls' lives are seriously f**cked up.