Part Four

- taehyung

My thoughts came to a halt.

Help me? Seriously? She has to be joking, what is she planning?

Or maybe I was just convincing enough. I look up at her, and she looks back at me with her arms crossed and hair tucked firmly behind her ears.

Her eyes were confident while mine were, well, confused.

"You seem like a sweet guy. Innocent. You can stay here undercover if you want, and if I ever think you're suspicious I can just simply call the police,"

I could barely respond. What would this random girl gain out of helping me, and why is she so confident about it.

But, then again, I didn't have much choice. No one in the world was on my side, that alley way was practically my only home.

The feelings holding me prison beforehand suddenly flood back, engulfing me in yet more confusing and drowning emotions. But maybe I finally had someone to trust. I would be a little bit less alone for a while. Maybe I could even manage to find a way out of this mess, and turn my life around.

So, I agreed.

"And how exactly are you going to 'help' me?"

She sat on a nearby sofa, taking a deep breath.

"I don't really know yet, but I'm willing to try." She looks around, contemplating, jestering for me to join her.

As I slumped down next to her, I finally took account of the events of the day. I felt safe. Safer.

"You can stay here for the meantime, try to figure out how to prove your innocence," She finally said after a small silence, a surprisingly comfortable silence.

"Really?" I asked, she nodded.

"But I have to go home. You're lucky I'm the only one who runs this place, so whenever you hear the door it's gonna be me okay Taehyung?" She said, tapping me on the shoulder as she stood and grabbed her dark brown handbag.

"Thank you, Aria,"

This complete stranger had completely changed my life, but I just couldn't figure out why.

There was a small table in the middle of the room, with numerous faint mug stains and a pile of napkins thrown carelessly at the end. There were a couple shelves, and two sofas parallel to each other, one of which I was still sat on- still in shock.

There were band posters pinned to the walls, as well as a couple cupboards and a small silver sink.

I kicked my legs up onto the sofa and laid back and stared up at the textured ceiling. My eyes were less watery tonight. I felt safe, yet extremely uncertain of everything. I had no idea what I was going to do tomorrow, this week, this year. My life, had just stopped. I tried to ignore these facts and focus on the fact that there was a roof over my head, and I was laying on something fairly comfortable.

I kept the light on. I felt as if the darkness would make me feel worse. I always slept with a dim light regardless, and if I was scared before I would certainly be now even more so.

It took a while, but my eyes finally became heavy enough to shut and eventually drift me to sleep.