Part Ten

Aria and I went outside the back room for a bit.

"Ari, I'm not going to do anything that will put you in danger,"

She sighed and held her face in her hands.

"I know, I know," She said, looking back at me.

"I just don't understand why you're helping him, if you get caught you will be sentenced as badly as he would," I stated, her eyes wandering.

"I just knew he was innocent. I didn't want him vulnerable in the streets," She reasoned, unsure.

"Wait, you're telling me you didn't know him before?"

She shook her head, "We're really close now-"

"No. Aria this is stupid he is a murderer,"

"He was framed-"

"How do you know that?!"

The silence that followed was tense and cut sharply like a knife.

"...Why do you care so much," she followed, quiet and beckoning.

"I care about you Aria. And I knew the guy that was killed, I'm not about to be all buddy buddy with a possible suspect of his death," I snapped, suddenly remembering all the memories I had with Lucas. I wasn't his girlfriend, but close enough to be considered family.

He spoke so fondly of Taehyung and Leo. Everything had fallen to pieces, I hadn't heard from either of them. Until now.

I didn't know what to think.

"I understand," She said.

"But he gets me. And I get him, and I know he would never hurt anyone,"

Yet another mindless statement. She was blind.

"You're not thinking rationally," I say, her eyes rolling again.

"Please, Lilli. You're one of my only close friends that understand me. Please try to understand," She said, taking my hands in hers and earnestly trying to convince me.

I couldn't understand. But I had to, I wasn't about to throw everything we'd gained away.

"Aria," I sighed, "I'll trust you, for now,"

- taehyung

I fell to the ground by the door, stressfully brushing my fingers through my hair. This could be it.

I figured I would go to Bens, get out of Arias hair. I'd miss her, but it's for the best. I grab what little things I have and open the door. Lilli is gone.

"Aria, listen," I begin, she hugs me tightly. My arms fall around her as she sighs loudly.

"She's gone now. She said she'd keep quiet, don't worry,"

"No,"

We pull apart.

"I'm going to leave," I say, her face drops.

"No, no I just said she's gone we're fine-" She rambles.

"No, you're not safe as long as I'm here, you deserve better than that. You're having to lie to people you love, and I know how much that would hurt me," I continue, "You're important to me, Ari, I want you to be happy,"

Her face saddens as I watch her eyes become more and more glassy, until tears finally break free.

"You cant leave," She whispers. "I haven't been this happy in years, you've changed my life,"

I look back at her, my emotions soaring and eyes welling. The atmosphere changes. My heart beats, faster than before. The blinds of the shop are closed, only strands of light seep through. It was a warm, comforting orange.

Her hand met my face, and wiped away one of my tears. She trailed to the back of my head, and pulled me in. Her soft lips met mine as her other hand took the other side of my face. My heart was on fire.

My hands snuck around her waist as I kissed back, pulling her closer so our bodies were barely apart. Her hand played around with my hair, driving me crazy.

- Aria

I'd thought about it a lot before, but I never thought I'd let the confidence take over.

He was gentle, holding me by the waist and pulling me closer. His lips were soft against mine, and the butterflies were immense. I'd never felt like this before.

We pulled apart, the tears once leaving my eyes were near to gone. His lips were parted, pink and so kissed. They curved into a gentle smile when our eyes locked, his hands remaining firmly on my waist.

"Don't go," I said.

"How could I," He whispered.

The butterflies came straight back, drowning me in a rainbow of emotions.

I cant let this go wrong.