Part Nine

"What type of music do you listen to? I've seen the posters on the walls so naturally I am curious," I asked her as she arrived in the morning, earlier. So she could talk to me, I like to think.

"Ha, gosh. I listen to a lot of artists to be honest, I choose my songs individually. I've seen most of the bands on the posters a few times in concerts back in the good old days, just has a place in my heart you know," She explained, smiling whilst clearly recalling the fond memories.

"I love these bands stuff honestly. You said 'Good old days' though, acting as if your old- I mean please," I joked, she laughed.

"I guess I just meant, back when I used to have fun. Me and my friends used to go out all the time partying and all that," She smiled again, closing the cupboard and sitting next to me.

"What changed?" I asked. She paused.

"I don't know really, people change. Grow apart, I got this job and hung out with the wrong kind of people and lost the good ones. It was my own fault really," She sighed.

"No one can help change, it happens all the time. Nothing lasts forever, I thought my life was perfect up until recently," I joked, reviving her smile.

"True, but I do have regrets. A lot of them," She exclaimed.

"We all do. I have a mountain of them. We can't change the past," I sighed, remembering my own, "You can only alter what the future could be,"

"You're right, and that's how you're viewing your life right now right?" She asked. I nodded.

"If I lose hope now it is a certain failure, if I try I could have a chance,"

She held my hand, tightly.

"I think you can do it. You're determined, and we are both on the case," She smiled.

"Can't beat a good murder mystery,"

We both laughed, using humour to desensitise to the situation. It's been two weeks now, police are still looking yet I would think it is died down now.

"Hey Ari you left your bag at my place the other day just thought that I would-"

Stood at the door, with multiple bags in hand including Arias, was Lilli. Her eyes pierced through both of us, and everything I had gained shattered in front of me. She took a deep, unstable breath.

"Aria," She spoke, tossing her bag onto the table. "Explanation. Now."

My eyes were still wide with fear, and I felt as if the whole room could hear my thumping heart.

"Lilli- what are you doing here? This is just a friend of mine he was just visiting-"

"I'm not an idiot. That's the guy the police are looking for," She looked me dead in the eyes.

"The murderer,"

- Lilli

They both stared at me, dumbfounded. Neither said a word, but looked terrified. I was perplexed. Angry, what was I supposed to do?

"Aria what the heck,"

"Lilli just stay and listen to us please I can explain," She begged.

"I already told you I wanted an explanation so give it before I leave and call the police,"

They were both stood up, the guy behind aria, then she ran behind me and locked the door. I should've been scared yet I felt their fear was clearly greater than mine.

"I promise you it's not what it looks like, I'm just a normal guy and I would never hurt anyone,"

The guy spoke, his hands gesturing up and down in panic. His facial expression was tense, as if I was holding him at gunpoint. They have the upper hand right now, if they're so panicked they must have something to hide.

"Lilli," Aria said calmly.

"Taehyung was framed. We ran into each other and now we're trying to figure this out together," She said, giving me the look. I'm not lying to you.

"Ran into each other? What are you, Bonnie and Clyde running away from the law?"

I was trying to convince myself that I was imagining this, or maybe I'd passed out and this was a weird as heck dream.

But alas, they were both here in front of me begging that I keep their little secret.