Part Fifteen

It was cold, but only the breeze. It was calm as we watched the sunset on the busy city of Seoul. It was beautiful.

We were sat on the roof, blankets, drinks and arms wrapped around each other. No disguises, no secrets, nothing that could ruin the hold we had on each other in this moment. I played gently with loose strands of her hair as she rested on my shoulder. 

The sky was turning that familiar blue again.

"Tae, look, you can start to see the stars," She whispered, pointing up her hand toward the sky.

I held it, pulling her closer.

"It's beautiful," I replied, leaning more into the pillow resting on my back.

It was getting late, maybe coming up twenty to eleven in the evening. Everything in that moment felt so right, not one weight on my shoulder. I'd finally said it, and I couldn't be happier.

Maybe it was all worth it. Maybe that pain and suffering meant something because I met someone as incredible as her.

And yes, she said it back. Just then.

"I love you too, Tae," She whispered, arms hugging at my waist.

I think it was then when I knew. She was the one.

-

I'd only just stepped away from my computer. All day, all week I'd been at it and I'm even calling myself obsessed at this point. But I prefer to use the word determined.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, so obviously exhausted and sleep deprived, I questioned myself.

"I'm only getting myself more involved," I whispered, glaring at my reflection in disgust.

"Lilli, stop,"

I covered my eyes. Ashamed yet glad of the knowledge I'd gained.

I know almost everything about the murder of Lucas Henderson.

But even then, I didn't know what I'd do about it. I felt that I was becoming more angry at Aria rather than sorry. And I hated it. Sadly I couldn't stay here forever, I had someone to meet.

"Thanks for seeing me here today, do you want to order any drinks?" I ask, looking over at his obviously nervous figure.

"Thanks Lilli, I ordered us a couple coffees while I was waiting," He smiled, unsure but undeniably sweet.

"Perfect, thank you Leo. I just wanted to talk about the whole situation, I know it must be hard though so please don't feel obligated to answer any of my questions," I say to him, receiving slow but sure nods.

I'd gotten ahold of his number a few days back and contacted him. I just needed to know the full story, I needed to know what happened to Lucas.

"I'll start pretty frank, do you think that Taehyung did it?"

It's obvious that I immediately made him uncomfortable, and I did feel bad. But I just had to know. He looked around for a few seconds, then his green eyes met mine again.

"I don't. I couldn't have ever asked for a better friend than him and I know Lucas would say the same," He took a breath, finishing his statement and looking back at me, awaiting.

"Right. So do you have any information about Lucas? I know I was close to him, but that's the thing," He looked up at me, beckoning, "He had basically detached himself from his entire family,"

He nodded, slowly. Again.

"But he didn't detach from you two. So why? What were you guys doing? Why were you more important to him than his own family?"

- Leo

It was as if I was in a dark room, with a blinding light stabbing through me as question after question was fired like a gun. I'd regretted this as soon as this girl opened her mouth.

"Lucas, Tae and I have been inseparable since high school. Who do you think he came to when things were bad at home? Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, Lilli," I snapped back, my heart throbbing at the feeling of her hidden accusations.

"Okay Leo. I'm sorry, I'm being too insensitive," She sighed.

"Is there anything you can do to help me?" She asked, looking desperate.

I sighed then. She was right, Lucas had distanced himself, but me or Taehyung had no idea why. As far as we knew, he hadn't changed. He was still Lucas around us.

"Me and Tae both realised that he was distant, distracted sometimes. But why were we to intrude? We didn't think it was anything serious,"

She nodded, scribbling something down onto a loose sheet of paper.

"I'll just say this, if I had gotten there earlier than Tae, we'd be in the opposite situations. I'm angry at the media for this, so please, think about who you're accusing carefully," I say, taking the final slurp of my coffee, forcefully.

I hated coffee, but my mind was too crowded to say anything else to the cashier.

"Okay, thank you Leo. I appreciate this, a lot,"

I left, feeling a lot worse about this whole situation.

All I knew was that if Tae was out there- I had to find him.