Part Thirteen

"Missed you,"

She said, face buried in my neck as she arrived in the morning, I held her close as if we'd been parted for years.

"Me too," I say back, pulling apart and smiling at her tired but pretty face. I'd missed her, and the guilt of leaving the cafe grew as she spoke about her upcoming day.

- Aria

"I swear the hours get longer whenever I'm in here, just constantly serving and being nice," I complain, him looking at me laughing lovingly. Neither of us have spoken about it, I want to. But I don't know if he does.

The barriers are still down on the windows, meaning no sunlight was lighting the room, rather the yellow lights in the ceiling. It felt fake, and I didn't like it.
But then again I did. Because he didn't have to hide.

His hair was fluffy, dark in its usual brown. He looked at me softly and leant onto the wall, smiling to himself. Butterflies. So many damn butterflies.

He let out a drowsy breath, and I could sense him wanting to shut his eyes again and sleep. But I know he cherishes these moments.

"Ever wanted to run away?" I ask, tiredly with a yawn following. It was obvious that neither of us were morning people.

"Everyday," He whispers, "I wish we had met back when things were different,"

I sighed in reply. I hated absolutely everything.

"I like imagining," He continued, "Perhaps we could change our names, move countries and live happy lives," He laughed, running his fingers through his hair.

"Aria," He said, taking a step toward me. We were inches away.

"What are we," He asked. I knew it, I knew he was gonna bring it up. He felt the exact same as me.

"Tae," I said, leaning away onto the counter.

"We're not friends are we," He stated, the obvious.

I laughed, fiddling with my nails.

"It's confusing isn't it," I sighed, "We are most likely the only people to have ever been in this kind of situation," I smiled, sadly.

"Yeah, yeah I know," He smiled, "It's nearly seven, you better open the shop up soon,"

"Ah, shoot you're right,"

He was, I was actually late. Good thing I'm my own boss and I don't have to panic like a headless chicken.

"Into the back you go," I joked, jabbing him on the shoulder as he stepped away.

"Wait," He said, his demeanour completely changing.

"Aria, I haven't been honest with you and I feel bad for lying,"

Lying?

I furrowed my eyebrows, beckoning in curiosity. I had no idea what he could've lied to me about.

"I left the cafe last night," He said, barely.

"You what?"

I wasn't angry, just more confused. He knows how risky it is, and where would he have gone? I didn't understand the goal but I listened.

"I felt caged in, you can understand that,"

I nodded.

"I went to see ben, and we just hung out. It made me feel so normal," He said, sighing.

"I mean," He looked up hopefully at me, "I'm not angry if that's what you're thinking, I'm happy you had a little escape but I just want you to be aware of the many risks,"

He nodded, beginning to turn back around.

"Did he tell you anything?" I ask, quick.

"I have a few more people in mind. A gang from my school, he reckons they've got something to do with it," He half smiled, looking away as he shut the back door.

I sighed, and yawned. I could've slept for a million hours, but wake me up at anytime before ten and I'm always gonna be tired.

It was only a Sunday. I shut the shop at 4, but barely anyone ever turns up. I felt bad for him, I felt like this was my responsibility. I didn't want him to be scared, worried about lying to me, he never really did anyway.

I walked into the back room.

"Tae, would you like to get out?" I asked him, him on the sofa looking at me, perplexed.

"Everyday, but what on earth are you saying,"

"How about I take you to mine, it's not that far and it's a change of scenery," I smiled, him surprised.

"Really?"

I nodded.

He looked back at me, with such admiration in his eyes.

Butterflies, again.