Chapter 6

"Just zip it!" a voice said from nearby that sounded an awful lot like Hermione.

"I didn't say anything!" Ron's voice objected.

Suddenly, Harry's voice cut in with a gentle tone, "Guys she's still asleep."
"Exactly!" another voice pointed out. "So maybe we should wake her up so that Ron wont keep getting scolded and we can all be noisy."
"Or we could just set her bed on fire," a voice that sounded very similar to the previous voice added.

Lily groaned as she pushed her eyes open. She shouldn't have let Madam Pomfrey give her a sleeping potion to make her rest.

"She's waking up!" luna's voice observed from closer than the other voices.

Lily could hear the sounds of feet moving closer and she managed to crack her eyes open. Sitting on a stool next to her bed was Luna, a pile of books in her lap and from the look of it, she had been doing her homework while watching over Lily.

Lily turned her head and could faintly see Neville in the bed next to hers, sitting up and looking much better.

Standing over her at the end of her bed were her brother, Hermione, Ron and the twins. The latter two explaining a lot of the earlier conversation that she had overheard.

"How are you feeling Lily?" Harry asked, coming to stand near Luna.

Lily smiled at her brother, "never better. How long was I out?"

Luna shrugged, "A few hours. You only missed History of Magic class."
Lily nodded, "I might steal your class notes later."
"So, who's going to tell her?" one of the twins asked.

"You will," the other twin replied.

One of the twins, obviously Fred, frowned, "No, I asked first, you will."
"Guys," Lily said, interrupting the two. "Tell me what?"

Hermione walked closer to her, "Professor McGonagall made Harry seeker of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Then right after she told us to send you to her office when you're awake."
Lily nodded, sitting up, "It's probably just some detention for earlier."
"You shouldn't get detention for saving someone!" Fred argued, George nodding in agreement.

"If Harry got to be seeker just for catching a Remembral, then you shouldn't get detention even if you cast a charm without permission, and one that we're not supposed to know for some time."
"But I'm not Harry," Lily pointed out gently with a smile. "The choices I make and the things I do are different from what he does."
The group all exchanged surprised and intrigued looks. Lily had puzzled them in the short time they knew her. She didn't hate anyone or anything. She made good choices and if something bad happened to her like hitting her head while saving Neville or possibly getting detention on her first day of classes, she took it head on... almost as if she had experienced worse things than hurting joints and detention.

"And what's this about a Remembral?" Lily asked, breaking the silence.

Harry and Ron immediately began chatting on like squirrels, telling Lily about how when she left, Draco found Neville's Remembral on the ground and he and Harry got in a fight over it.

As the two yammered on like clucking hens, Luna and Hermione exchanged looks over Lily's head. While the boys had been busy with an annoying Draco, the tow girls had noticed something else.

FLASHBACK

"Give it here Malfoy!" Harry demanded.

Draco turned to give Harry a sneer, "No. Scared to take it Potter? Too scared that you'll embarrass yourself after your sister did a perfect charm on her first day and flew on a broom like she was born on one?"