Chapter Eight

The abandoned girls' lavatory was a sight to behold. With very little lighting it was dark down there, the sinks were soiled and filled with debris and the floors were soaked.

Luna never really cared what got on her shoes but something about the eerie place made her watch where she stepped as she maneuvered through. She had tried calling Lily's name but with the stone walls, her voice echoed and nearly scared the skin off of her bones so she did not venture to try that again.

When she finally located the girl in question, Lily was standing in the doorway of one of the bathroom stalls, the top half of her body stuck in the stall as she was apparently giving it a thorough once over.

"What did you find?" Luna asked, warily checking behind her.

"Nothing." Lily replied as she drew her head out of the stall, "I was hoping to find the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets in here but no such luck."

Luna frowned, "why do you think the entrance is here? Of all places to hide a secret entrance this is the last place I would expect to find... oh! I get it."

"When Serafina Black traveled back in time, she witnessed the boy's death in a place in Hogwarts... but in my vision it was unlike any place in Hogwarts so it must have been the Chamber. When she ventured back to the present, bloody, and obviously having just witnessed the killing... she ended up here. When you use a Time Turner it takes you back in time but it drops you off in the exact same place that you were standing in but in a different time... meaning that she was here when she used the Time Turner to return to the present."

"That makes sense... though the fact that this is a very unlikely place to hide a secret entrance also makes reasonable sense."

"That is why I believe that whoever killed the boy was the heir of Slytherin since only the heir can open the Chamber but somehow Serafina ended up in there."

"what if Serafina is the heir of Slytherin? She was there at the last opening, and she is still alive." Luna gasped.

"Unlikely." Lily shook her head, "Serafina was in Ravenclaw. What I do not understand is why would the heir kill someone of Slytherin house?"

"Maybe the boy was so much of an enemy to the heir that the heir did not care that he was in Slytherin." Luna suggested as Lily walked towards the sinks to inspect the white marble and old glass mirrors.

"We need to inspect the restricted section for anything about the heir, the last opening of the chamber, Serafina and possible invisible murders." the Potter girl mumbled.

As the two girls headed silently out of the old, abandoned girls' lavatory they did not see a little ginger haired girl slip into the bathroom with an old brown leather book clutched in her hands.

***********

As Lily stumbled up the winding staircase to her dormitory room, she greatly regretted telling Luna that it would be alright if the girl wanted to go and explore the grounds.

After the two girls spent three long hours in the library, Lily in the restricted section and Luna trying to quietly yell (if that was such a thing), to Lily from the other side of the shelves, giving her advice on where to look and what to look for. Once they had left the library, much to Madam Pince's relief since she was tired of telling the two girls to shut up, Luna and Lily had parted ways and Lily had found herself carrying not only her backpack but also armfuls of books that would last even the most bookish of bookworms for a year!

The girl tried to open the door using three different maneuvers that involved her arms, her hands (which was limited) and her knee. Once she finally managed to push the door open and hobble inside, not bothering to close the door behind her, she walked to her bed.