Chapter Six

Climbing onto her bed which she had made so diligently that morning while waiting for the other Ravenclaws to leave the common room so that she did not have to explain her behavior, Lily fumbled under her pillow for the black leather notebook.

Leaning back against her pillows, she pulled down the white lacy canopy that while it was partially see through, anyone would think that she was reading, not writing in a two-way diary to a mysterious correspondence.

Stretching out her feet she rested her inkwell between her feet and dipped her pen in before writing neatly beneath the last conversation that she had with her pen pal.

'I need your help. Have you ever seen something and then got the feeling that it triggered something inside of you?'

The reply was instant as if the writer had just opened their own diary to write or was waiting for Lily to write.

'You mean like an epiphany? Where the trigger makes you feel things that you could not usually feel on a regular basis?'

'Exactly, except it is not what I'm feeling but what I am seeing. It was like I was seeing through the eyes of someone else but it was so vague and fuzzy it feels more like a memory than the present... as if the person recalled only certain details of that particular memory.

How do you know it isn't your own memories?'

Lily paused to move her inkwell out of the way when Draconis decided to move his nap from the couch to the end of the bed, right on top of Lily's socked feet.

'Because when I looked at my own hands... they were not mine! I know it sounds weird but I know what my hands look like and they don't look like what they did in... the memory.'

There was a pause as if the other person was considering this information before they began to write again, black inked words appearing on the crisp white pages

'I assume when you first experienced those visions that you became scared and ran, blocking out the thoughts?'

Lily paused feeling embarrassed but her pause did not go unnoticed by the other writer.

'Do not worry about it. It is a natural reaction to something so strange and new. now that you have prepared though, I would suggest going back to whatever triggered these memories and try to see what you will experience this time.'

'Whatever for?' Lily wrote back quickly.

'Because this time maybe you will see more... a reflection, hear a name that will help you find out whose memories you saw and from there it should be a breeze of ease.'

'Well you do realize that we are confined to our dorms until morning... what if by morning the trigger is gone?'

'Then we will figure it out.' The other writer replied.

Lily looked at the two constant sets of handwriting. Hers and the strangers.

'Why are you helping me?'

'Because we all need help from time to time and sometimes we just need a guardian angel to swoop in and save the day even if it is just to talk.'

Lily smiled before she wrote back.

'That is sweet, even if you know nothing about me and I know nothing about you, you are probably my closest friend here.'