Chapter Four

Lily shuffled through her drawers. Snape had told her to not wear school robes when teaching since it would confuse the students.

Finally the girl selected a blue long sleeve sweatshirt with Ravenclaw Quidditch written on the front, a pair of dark brown jeans, her glasses and calf high blue boots.

She finished off the look with two braids that she pushed to bounce against her back before grabbing her bag, whistling for Ellery and scooping Draconis into her arms.

She continuously repeated in her head that everything would turn out alright. It had to.

If the first day of Vetrinophy did not induce any students to attend, the class would be erased and the creatures sent back to their foreign homes.

As the girl headed down the winding steps of the tower, she recalled her last class before lunch... Defense Against the Dark Arts... the class that had only encouraged the self-doubt and worry she felt, rather than relieve it.

She had taken her seat in the room beside Luna and saw that all the Gryffindor and Slytherin second years were also present.

Why couldn't they have had DADA with Hufflepuff?

The girl pulled her top robe off since it was warm in the classroom and she wore a white collared shirt beneath.

The new professor had not yet arrived so Lily set about pulling out her books when she heard someone psst at her.

Looking over her shoulder, she saw that Ron and Harry were seated directly behind her and another few rows back, to the left sat a couple of Slytherins including Draco who seemed rather bored, face placid and rolling his eyes occasionally.

One of his friends, the one who had gotten Lily's attention, grinned a hundred dollar smile and winked at her.

"Looking a little hot their Potter. In more ways than one," the boy whispered in a sultry voice just loud enough for Lily to hear.

Draco scoffed and looked the other way while Blaise slapped the other boy on the arm and hissed, "Ew Nott! Really?"

The other boy just grinned and smiled at Lily one more time before the girl turned back around.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see Cho leaning over her desk and over the desk of the student sitting beside her to whisper to Lily.

"That is Theo Nott! The renowned playboy of Slytherin and you just turned his head!" the girl squealed.

"Does someone have a crush?" Luna asked.

Cho blushed, "No! Though, he is really hot... for a Slytherin and a second year."

Luna snorted, "Good to know, Cho is into older guys or hot boys."

Lily fought to stifle a laugh but another voice interrupted her and the girl turned to look at her twin brother.

"You just cannot help being the center of attention can you? First the extra credit class, then being the siren and now Theodore Nott. And Malfoy thought I was bad," Harry grumbled.

Ron stared at his desk partner in surprise. Both the boy and Lily couldn't hep but think that Harry sounded a lot like Draco did last year but Lily chose to not dwell on it as she turned back to face the front as Professor Lockhart entered like he was a royal arriving at his birthday ceremony.

Lily slumped in her chair as the man went on and on about himself. Was Harry right? Had she put herself in the center of attention?

But she hated being the center of attention! Teaching the Vetrinophy class would be pushing her past her comfort zone as it is!