PART 2: TALKS

The next day, Eniz was walking to his classroom, when he sees Larence striding in the opposite direction. He also had a dark look his face and some of his veins were popping up from his skin. Eniz looks at him confused, and when he tries to ask, Lawrence does not even look at him, but pushes him away and continues on his way, stomping on the floor. Eniz raises an eyebrow at that behavior; it is the first time Larence had been so angry that he pushes Eniz away. So, the white-haired boy speed walks over to where Larence was seen to come from. A few steps later, he sees a group of 5: Allen, Azruelle, Felix, Ryan and Bella; all of them crowding together and discussing something.

It was 8 in the morning and the classes usually start half an hour later, but Eniz had always been an early bird. But not all students are like Eniz, so there was no one on the hallways except for them. Thus, Eniz's footsteps echoed throughout the halls, which made the conversing group of five turn towards his direction. Eniz stumbles a bit when he feels the pressure of their sudden interest in him as they stare at him. He ignores the distrusting frowns of Felix and Azruelle and the intruding stare of the others. He tries to walk away, but then, Bella suddenly speaks up.

"Eniz, we actually wanted to talk to you about something."

For a moment, his honey brown eyes couldn't recognize the orange haired girl before him. Maybe it was because he was so used to seeing her smiling and soft features. Right now, she did not have any of that, just a calm face with no actual trait of emotion. At least, she did not look at him with disgust like she did some days ago. Honestly speaking, he knew he deserved this kind of attitude from his classmate.

Then, Eniz remembers her words a moment ago and frowns his dark browns in confusion and curiosity. What does they want to tell him? And what did they say to Larence for him to walk away with such rage earlier? But his questions remain unanswered as he asks, "What is it?" There were hushes complains from Azruelle in particular, but he was ignored. Allen speaks up immediately as he steps forward. "We had found out something interesting. I think it might help in our plan to get other outside our kingdom."

Eniz could not help but let his shock slip into his countenance. He raises voice a bit as he asks, "Really? How is that possible?!"

Allen takes a look at his friends. Seeing their reassuring looks, he turns back to him and replies, "Yes. It is almost like a portal. We want to show it to you and the others, after school." "Alright, I will let them know." "Oh, you don't have to. Larence already knows it. Just tell Rachel." This time, it was Ryan. Eniz feels unnerved by the boy's whole existence. Ever since that day, Eniz began to see how Ryan was a mysterious and maybe even a dangerous person. Especially when Larence made that comment about his sister. Remembering that, he felt ashamed for being friends with Larence and not even trying to stop him from saying something so hurtful.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did Larence seem so... angry this morning?" Eniz asks. Seeing Azruelle groaning and the tired and annoyed expressions on the other's faces, he already knew he was going to feel more ashamed than before. Azruelle answered him, his voice kind of forced as if he was holding his fury in, "We talked to him about the whole portal thing, and let me tell you., we barely managed to make him understand what we were doing. He always had that suspicious look on his face when we explained to him. Then, when we were trying to leave, he grabbed Bella's arm, saying that she should come with him now and to stop her act of being friends with us. Even when she tried to pull away, he told her that its time to stop being so angry at him and it was no use. Even when her other personality came out to help, we had to help too and tell him to get lost to finally make him go away."

Eniz stares at his outburst in pure shock. His honey brown eyes trail to Bella's hands. There was a faded mark on her right wrist. He could not believe it. Larence actually forced her to go with him. It was unbelievable. But seeing the tired and hurt expression on Bella's face gave all the evidence Eniz needed. He speaks in a softer tone, "I... I will tell Larence to leave you alone. I will make sure it won't happen again." Bella gives him a small grateful smile, but in her eyes, he could see the small trace of distrust and pure hurt. He felt his own heart twist at the sight. He remembers how he would tell Allen off whenever he looked at her. But that moment, he could not find the same strength to scold Larence. Maybe it was because of his shock. Or maybe because the latter was his friend.

Eniz starts to walk away. For some reason, the white-haired boy could not help but feel like he cannot physically stay with them. With all that he heard, he felt like he was not privileged to stand next to them. Maybe it was because of what Larence did to Bella. Maybe it was because of his guilt of being a dick to Allen in the past. He knew he need to apologize to each one of them. But he couldn't. Maybe, it was his pride. Maybe, it was his shame. Maybe, he knew that he cannot make it any better with apologizing.

'It would have been better if I could turn back time and have a better relationship with them.'

Suddenly, his legs stop working and stands still as he throws those words around in his mind. A bit of gears turns on his head and finally he experiences the Eureka moment of his life. 'I could make our relationship better! Then, I can apologize. If I do that, I can become a better teammate and keep the team together.'

Eniz could not help but smile determined. It is the best thing he can do as a compensation, become a better person and friends to them. He starts walking over to his classroom. There were two or three students there, reading or doing irrelevant things. After Eniz sat down on his seat, he begins to think about his plan.

'I could start by talking about relevant things and helping more in their plans and such. Buying gifts would just make them distrust me more. Yes, maybe as we talk, I might be able to get more information on their likes and dislikes. I can then, start becoming a better friend to them.'

Then, he sees the group enter the class. As he watched, he got various reactions to his existence. Bella glanced at him, gave him a small smile and then walked away. Felix glared at him with disgust and turns his head back to the front with a humph. Azruelle glares as he looks at him, with even more rage than Felix and then, turns his head to the other side. Ryan glances at him and goes to make fun of Azruelle , who looks at the blunette in fright. As for Allen, he does not even notice the white-haired male's whole being.

As they all went to their respective seats, Eniz wonders if he made a bad decision. 

*****
Hope you liked today's chapter!