PART 4: THE REALIZATION

A quick note on the font usage:

bold -- Author's note

[italics] -- Something that was said or happened in the past

Alright then, Enjoy!

*****

Eniz had to take some time to compose himself. Thankfully, there was no marks on the back of his shirt from the physical struggle. As he walked back, his mind went back to the look Larence gave him. It pains his heart again, so he tries to think of something else. That being the tragedy in which Allen was deemed as the culprit.

Eniz knew that Allen could never do that on purpose. Especially when he was 6, if he calculated his age that time. But, killing an entire village, even if it was a mistake, he will be deemed as a murderer and jailed. His family might also be put in jail. Eniz could not help but sigh. He felt that Allen's situation was the worst at the moment.

'Not only will he be called a murderer and put in jail due to his mistake, but also is chased by demons for knowing the secret to breaking the barrier! Truly, how unfortunate..." Eniz shakes his head. He unconsciously remembers what Allen said that time.

["Bullcrap! Are you guys really that dense!? Why on earth would they attack me if I am their accomplice!? I mean, have you ever thought that they're after me or something?"]

Eniz remembers how realization hit him like a wave when Allen snapped at them. Cringing at what he did that time, he slowly continues to walk to his classroom. Then, he remembers another thing the redhead said.

["I discovered an information about their plan, especially how the demon king plans to destroy the world..."]

["They are now changing tactics, because they are aware that I knew how to take down that barrier."]

He remembers how shocked he was. Betrayed even, for not telling them something so important. But then...

["...Back then, whenever I tried to defend myself, you've never given me the chance! So how am I suppose to say anything if you guys aren't even willing to listen!?"]

He was true. Eniz was a hypocrite. A person who preached justice, but did not even gave a glance when Allen tried to explain himself. He is a hypocrite.

He sighs. How can he become a better person and earn their trust after what he had done? Maybe, he should just leave it alone. Apologize with his entire heart might the best way. Even if they won't forgive him, at least he tried.

He shakes his head again. Why he so depressed today? Instead, he turns his mind to the more important issue. 'I should make sure those portals are safe like Allen said and send soldiers to get magicians for help.' He just hoped things won't get worse than before. The sooner the better. Like Allen said, the demons would be making up new tactics to separate everyone in the kingdom, making them weak enough for the creatures to attack.

["They are now changing tactics, because they are aware that I knew how to take down that barrier."]

Allen knows how to take down the barrier. Should he ask him later? It might also help. 'Allen can be considered to be someone who we need to protect. He has information on the barrier. I wonder what those demons will—'

Eniz suddenly freezes.

As his erratic mind quickly overlapped all the clues, the white-haired boy arrives at a 'seemingly impossible, but makes sense' kind of conclusion.

Allen Coldwell is a well-known noble for his arrogant attitude and lies. Someone who cannot be trusted. If the demons had to break up their team and Allen's whole non-threatening image, one simple way would be—