PART 8: THE INVESTIGATION

Hi, readers! 

Author here. I am back with another chapter! I hope you all enjoy it.

*****

Currently, Eniz is walking towards a well-known café, named Slice of Life Barista. The place where he, Ryan and Azruelle had decided to meet up for their plan. As he walked, his mind goes back to what happened the last day; during the investigation of the doors.

***** 

The hole through which they could reach the doors was still there. Az and Felix had brought ropes to climb down the area. There was a bit of complaints from Rachel and Bella's other personality. No one answered them. All of them landed on the branches safely. Ryan pressed some kind of strange button, which opened up a dark tunnel. They all entered it, the newcomers, a bit afraid. Ryan was with Rachel, asking her about somethings. The brown-haired girl seemed very happy. Eniz was relieved to know that she still had a crush on Ryan.

As they all walked forward, they reached an exit. The next sight made almost everyone stop for a second. A beautiful and magical looking forest and fountain made of glass. It was also snowing. Eniz noticed how the snow disappeared before they touched the ground. It was beautiful and looked very calm.

"Now, everyone please, get down." Ryan said and touched two dove statues on the fountain. Eniz took a second to realize what he meant and immediately crouched down when the arrows came at them. No one was injured. Rachel complained to Larence, who nodded absentmindedly but never supported her claims. Eniz saw how a big staircase appeared under the fountain. Seeing Allen beckoning them to follow him down, he scrambled up from the ground and does so.

This tunnel was not dark like the first one. But before, they could go more, Allen stopped them. "Now this is the dangerous part. This is where the hall of doors is. But there is a vein monster protecting the place. It can regenerate." Everyone tensed up after Allen reminded them. "I am not very sure if there is only one monster. So, when I yell retreat, we will all run to the normal looking door. Then, we will all fall behind the school grounds. There are some thick bushes that will break your fall and keep you safe. You don't have to worry about that." Allen said and then, took out his sword. Thus, everyone starts to get armed. Most of them took a sword out, except for Ryan, who had a dagger. After they were done, the group went deeper into the tunnel. Finally, they reached the said hall.

Just like how Allen told them, there were many strange doors. Eniz immediately saw the floating door. 'So that is, what we believe, the door to the magical realm. Thankfully, it does not seem that high up. That's good.'

"AH?!" A high-pitched shriek shook him out of his thoughts and immediately turned to where the sound came from. It was Rachel who was guarding herself with the sword she brought. He looked to where the she was looking and saw it: the veins. No. It was a monster. It was gross looking, with two bead like eyes staring at them dead in the eye. Eniz stilled for a moment. He did not think that the monster would come out. But he immediately channelled Richard into his senses and got ready to fight.

But before anyone could shout a command, someone ran toward the monster. It was Larence. "Larence?!" Almost everyone yelled his name. Rachel in awe, the others in shock and annoyance and Eniz in fear. But he feared for no reason; Larence was able to behead the monster immediately. Some like of green liquid comes out from the cut and the monster falls. Larence turns to look at them. "Now, can we study these doors, peacefully?" Allen groaned a bit as he rubbed his forehead and then, replied, "Yes, we can. Now please-- !!" Allen suddenly stopped his words, before pure fear and shock entered his expression as he shouted in a surprisingly loud voice, "LARENCE! LOOK OUT!"