PART 3: THE TRAGEDY AND THE SUSPECT

Eniz finds himself slipping into a headache, even when he tried his hardest to concentrate on the subject he was currently studying. He also takes a small glance at Larence, who was busy glaring at Allen's group. Eniz sighs tiredly. How in the world will this team survive?

Thankfully, after the classes, a break came up and Eniz drags Larence away from the class and the crowds. Both of them go behind the building, where there were no students or teachers. Larence was constantly asking on why they came here in an angry tone. His face looked quite annoyed too. For the first time, Eniz feels unnerved about what he was going to do. But he takes a deep breath and crosses his arms to make sure he looked angry to the dark-haired boy. Larence notices this and stops asking for a moment. Eniz keeps his voice calm as he finally speaks.

"Larence, earlier today, you had a talk with Allen, right?"

Larence's brows suddenly raise as his pupils shrink. He knew where this conversation was going, but he continues to keep his face still, without showing his inner displeasure. Eniz does not notice this, and thinks that Larence does not even feel guilty about what he did. This angers the white hair, but calms himself down and continues to speak, "You tried to forcefully pull Bella away. You even left a red mark on her wrist." When Larence heard the last sentence, his calm face broke into that of shock and concern and could not help but ask, "What? Was she hurt? I did not grab too hard though."

Hearing this irked Eniz, who yells at him, "'Was she hurt?' you ask! Yes, she was! What the hell is wrong with you, Larence?! She is a friend of ours. Even if we fell out, you should not harm her! Or anyone, of that matter!" Larence backs away a bit when he saw how angry Eniz was. This white haired boy does not usually get this angry, so it surprised him. But that does not mean he will back down. "She is OUR friend! I know that, and that's why I tried to take her away! Why must she hang out with that arrogant shit!" "Because Allen was the victim, Larence! Because we were idiots! Because we treated him like a bad person when he was clearly not!" Eniz yells back with the same tone as the other boy. Eniz did not want to yell at him; he wanted to handle this calmly. But seeing how Larence acted really made him feel angry at himself for not noticing how disrespectful and hypocritical he is.

But before he could say anything more, two strong arms grab his shoulders harshly. Before he could even hiss in pain, he was pushed back, and his own back hits something hard. He almost fell forward because the pain made his knees give away and his head cook up a headache. He breathes heavily trying to make the pain go away, as a few tears starts to form in his honey brown eyes. He looks back at the guy who did this and freezes, seeing the sight before him.

Larence was shaking. He was also looking at Eniz and the expression he wore, pained the white haired boy's heart. His own eyes had a bit of tears and looked angry and hurt. Larence's pale lips tremble a bit before he speaks. But his tone had lost all the earlier anger and strength he possess a moment ago. "Eniz... then how the hell am I suppose to behave towards my family's murderer? Tell me..." Eniz does not answer. He remembers those solid evidences that they found at Larence's massacred village and how all of them pointed at Allen. The red haired boy might not have thought about how his actions will kill many, but still, his mistake was the reason for Larence's parent's death.

Eniz does not know who to blame here. Allen's accident killed his parents, so Larence behaves rudely to the red haired without giving him a chance. On Allen's part, he might not have known how his 'game' ended up killing a whole village. Maybe, he did not know that the leaves of Blood Cess plants are an attraction to demons and monsters.

From the evidence collected, they were able to get to the truth of why Larence's village was massacred. There were some dried Blood Cress leaves on the ruins of village. Demons are attracted to Blood Cress leaves, because of their unique scent. Allen might have been young and did not know this and plucked many of them for fun. And as he was playing, he threw it at the village and soon went back. When the demons came, they came to the village because of the scent and killed everyone, because demons usually attack the empire, they did not know. The Coldwell family, who was in charge of the area, could sent the soldiers in time to save everyone. Some of them survived. Among them, one being Larence.

Eniz continues to stare at the dark haired boy, who was now looking down at the ground. Soon, he takes his hands off Eniz and looks back at him. The white haired boy sees the slight redness of Larence's eyes and feels a pang of guilt. Larence's eyes now looked like how he saw a stranger, which only make Eniz feel more upset. His eyes were hard and he says, "I will stay away from Bella and I will not act rudely towards Allen." He seems to want to say more, but he couldn't find more words. Instead, he turns and walks away. Eniz wanted to grasp his shirt to stop him. But he couldn't. The white he watches the boy slowly disappear into a distance. His legs lose strength and crouches down as he tries to calm himself down before his eyes could water.

He ruined everything all over again.

*****

He only wanted to take a break from the week hard work. When Azruelle said a break, he did not mean to hear gossip. Especially something like an argument between Eniz and Larence.

Hearing how both of them yelled at each other, Azruelle couldn't help but feel grateful towards Eniz for standing up for Allen and his image of the prince became more favorable. When the dark hair suddenly pushed him against the wall, Azruelle almost went in to help. But to his surprise, Larence did not punch him, like he thought. Instead, he says something that makes his mind go blank.

'Allen is the reason why Larence's parents are dead?! What kind of plot twist was that! Allen was like 6 when that brutal tragedy happened! How the hell does he have a part in this?'

Azruelle was confused. But he was relieved to have known this earlier. Now, he knew why Larence was such an ass towards Allen. But still, how did the redhead become the culprit of this massacre?

Azruelle begins to walk away from the hiding spot back to the classroom. He has to find out more about what really happened. And for that he needs to ask Eniz. That look on his face when Larence said, meant that he knew what the latter meant. But, will Eniz do this? He may be a good person. But what if Eniz told this to Allen's friends to win their trust? He might mean no harm, but if they believed him, Allen will become a murderer without a chance to explain himself.

Azruelle need to keep Eniz away from their teammates before he can talk with the prince himself and gain more information on this incident.         

*****

Now before you all attack me in the comments, this whole Blood Cess bullsh1t is a made up thing for my story's progress. None of this is canon. 

[Spoiler: In the original, the author did say that Allen got framed for the death of Larence's original parents. But did not explain more on it.]

Another thing: I forgot that Azazel is now Azruelle, so I changed it the chapters. I will be using this name while referring to Azazel, or else it will be very confusing to you and me.