PART 5: ALLIES

As Eniz helped the Azruelle and Felix with the gardening, his mind falls back on the earlier assumptions he had. He feels like this could be a perfect moment for asking, except if Felix was not there. Noticing the slight glares, the black-haired boy threw at him, Eniz could not help but cry in his heart.

'So much for solving a case...' but if he is successful, not only will he be able to continue their alliance, but also get Allen to trust him a bit more.

After a few minutes of Eniz's constant praying, God had decided to finally award him an opportunity. Felix suddenly stood up and says, "I'm gonna go get more fertilizers. You two stay here." As he claps his hands to get off some of the mud on them and then walks away without waiting for a reply. Eniz sighs in relief and happiness at the opportunity and turns to Azruelle to finally chat with him. But before he could even open his mouth, the brunette suddenly turns to him, his face suddenly serious and grim. Whatever words were on Eniz's mouth, dies on his tongue.

Azruelle leans towards Eniz and whispers, "Look, if you are trying to get us on your side, its not going to work. No matter what you say or do, we will not betray Allen." Eniz gapes at him, astounded by the accusation. Never in his dreams, did he think of something like that!

"Wait, I think you are terribly wrong—" Eniz tries to clear it up, but Azruelle cuts him off and says in a restrained tone, "No, Eniz. Really, I do appreciate that you want to work with us, but please don't use cheap methods to make friends with us." Eniz feels his facial nerve twitch in anger and annoyance. But he cannot be angry. Not when he is in this situation.

Eniz starts to speak again. But then, another voice was heard, behind them.

"Now, now, boys, I thought you two were better than Larence."

Both of them turn to the sources and see the blunette friend of Allen, Ryan Sullivan, with his usual smile. Azruelle gives a yelp in response and ungracefully falls on his butt. Eniz cringes at the sad sight of the unfortunate boy.

"Hello, Ryan." Either way, he is still Allen's friend, and unlike Larence, Eniz has the minimum decency to acknowledge the newcomer. "Hello, Eniz. I see you are fitting in quite well with us." But, suddenly, the blue- eyed boy leans into the prince's personal space, taking the latter by surprise and falling on his butt, just like how Azruelle fell a moment ago. Ryan remains unfazed and continues to speak, though there was a deep and more unsettling tone to it, this time. "Are you perhaps trying to win our trust? So that, you can use us anytime you want?" Eniz grits his teeth at the accusation again, but manages to reply without letting his rage seep into his tone, "No, I have no plan on using you or any of your friends."

Ryan stares at him and then, laughs as he leans back, as if Eniz told the biggest joke he has ever heard. It makes Eniz confused and Azruelle cringe and wish that the psychopath just left them alone. Ryan finally speaks again, giggling a bit in between, "Look at your face! I was just joking, Eniz." The prince gapes at him in utter shock and confusion and Azruelle just replies, "Don't be so surprised. Its nothing compared to what he usually does."

That only makes Eniz feel more cautious about his blue haired classmate.

"What do you mean by that?" Eniz asks. "I know why you are here, trying to talk to Azruelle." Ryan replies, his smile never leaving his face.

"Talk to me?" The brunette repeats in surprise and stares at Eniz in question. The white-haired boy gets more confused and continues to question Ryan, "How did you know—"

"I saw how you came to a realization about Larence's tragedy and Allen's involvement earlier."

Azruelle flinches at the mention of the tragedy. He still cannot wrap his head around it. Eniz felt even more shocked and just murmurs, "How..."