𝖝𝖝. dance under the moon with me, darling

chapter twenty

chapter twenty.
( dance under the moon with me, darling )

              THE NIGHT OF THE YULE BALL FELL QUICKER THAN SHE had expected, and, soon enough, Ascella found herself searching through her trunk for the dress her mother had told her was packed inside

              THE NIGHT OF THE YULE BALL FELL QUICKER THAN SHE had expected, and, soon enough, Ascella found herself searching through her trunk for the dress her mother had told her was packed inside. Tearing out her clothes, Ascella smiled when her eyes landed on the exquisite dress that was hidden deep inside.

              She gently pulled it out of the plastic covering that protected it, handling the dress as if it were glass. And, from her first look of it, it seemed that the dress was glass. A sparkling, silver shimmer cascaded down the length of it, small diamonds embroidered into the thin material. It was tight around her waist, but flowed freely to the ground and trailed slightly behind her feet. The material was feather light on her skin, and it was quite clear that the dress was an heirloom from the Laurent family, and blatantly worth thousands.

              Ascella thoroughly enjoyed the process of painting make-up onto her skin, and was more than happy to help Hermione when she asked Ascella to assist her in battling with her frizzy locks. No more than half an hour later, Hermione's hair fell into dainty coils down her back, and Ascella strategically pinned them up into her head, so her periwinkle dress was on display to its full potential.

              After securing the buckle of her shoe, Ascella glanced up at Hermione, who was anxiously eyeing herself in the full-length mirror, her head tilted and bottom lip tucked beneath her teeth as she contemplated her appearance. Standing, Ascella's arms slithered around Hermione's waist, her chin resting on the latter's shoulder.

              "You look stunning," Ascella assured her firmly. "Don't go questioning yourself now."

              "Are you sure? I'm not sure if this is the right dress," Hermione spoke anxiously, tugging on the material of her dress.