Chapter 24 - Life Lessons

Walking to the stables hand in hand with Angelo was amazing. I felt as though I was in a dream, everything felt too good to be true. I was so happy and content, that was what scared me the most; it seemed that I had so much too lose. Angelo squeezed our joint hands bringing me out of my thought. "What's on your mind" he asked while playfully tugging me closer towards him. Smiling I shake my head before responding, "Nothing, just nervous. Would this be a good time to mention I have never been horse riding."

"Ah, bella you'll be fine. If it makes you feel better we can share a horse, si?" he asked with a playful smile, which I happily returned.

In the stables we met some of the workers that look after the animals and took care of the land. Angelo strolled through the stables and came to stop in front a beautiful black mare. The horse who seemed to recognise its owner, started to neigh and nodded its head excitedly. I moved closer to where Angelo stood and stroked the powerful beast. "What's its name?" I whispered in awe. "Blaze" Angelo announced proudly "Had him since I was nine years old" he added.

"He is magnificent" I exclaim, now completely excited to ride this powerful animal. After one of the workmen had Blaze saddled up, Angelo swiftly and gracefully jumped on the saddle before taking my hand and pulling me up into his lap.

After the blanket and picnic basket was securely attached we were on our way. The tour of Angelo's family land was interesting and so magnificent that I didn't realise when we had reached our destination. Angelo helped me down from Blaze before jumping down himself. He spread the blanket under the oak tree closest to the lake. I sighed in content as he laid out the items from the picnic basket. "What are you thinking about bella?" he inquired softly, while interrupting my thoughts.

"How beautiful the land and view is." I paused before adding, "and how handsome my husband is." I stated factually, giggling at the smirk that had appeared on his face as a result of my last comment.

"Is that so?" he said raising both eyebrows.

"Si Angelo" I told him in response.

He chuckled lowly before leaning forward and placing a chaste kiss on my lips. I melted into him before slowly pulling away, smiling. I blinked at the sight before me, the sun illuminated his figure and it made him look like an angel. Giving my lips one final peck he drew back completely and offered a chocolate covered strawberry instead and as nice as the little was i would have preferred more of his tender kisses.

We ate, talked, laughed and even danced by the lake that glistened and gleamed as bright as a diamond; almost enchanting in its beauty. After watching the sunset for a little while Angelo stood up, holding out his hand for me to take. "Come Bella, let's get back to the house before it gets dark."

The journey back to the mansion felt longer than the one from it but we made it back just before the moon hit the night sky and joined the twinkling stars that shone so brightly in this part of the world. As we neared the house Angelo stopped and watched me go into the house safely while he escorted Blaze back to the stables.

Walking into the kitchen I placed the picnic basket on the counter and then took out the dirty dishes, placing them in the dishwasher. After cleaning up the mess I went upstairs to take a shower, before slipping into something more comfortable; that I was sure would make my new husband very happy. Just as I was applying my vanilla scented moisturizer my husband came into our room. As he was walking by where I was sitting on the bed, to the bathroom he paused and glanced at my sleeping attire. "You like?" I asked while raising a single perfectly trimmed eyebrow. "Very much so bella. Wait for me." He commanded and with that he strode straight into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. I heard the shower go on and I sighed imagining him, wet and naked. I shook my head to clear the thoughts that some would consider sinful if he was not my husband.