Chapter 18 - Day out

Later that day we decided to have a family day out at the zoo. Gabriel was so excited. I was currently in the kitchen making us food for later when Angelo and Gabriel came in asking for a snack. Taking out the left over pasta I heat it up for them.

When we arrived at the zoo it was quite busy. Gabriel was so happy he couldn't stop fidgeting his mood was so contagious he had us all smiling and in a good mood. "Mummy I wanna swim with the dolphins" He says while looking at me - eyes hopeful and expectant.

Unable to say no to his adorable face I agree. I stood in front of the tank taking pictures while him and Angelo got put into full body swim suites. I took plenty pictures of the two as they laughed and giggled with the friendly dolphins. "Mummy look" Gabriel cried happily. I watched as he swam around the tank with the dolphins stroking and feeding them.

When they returned my baby was wet and tired and wanted to cuddle in daddy's arms. Angelo and Gabriel have grown so close, you would never believe that they had just recently come into each other's lives.

Leaving the zoo we headed to the park to have our family picnic. Gabriel took a nap during the drive there. "Today has been great so far, mia bella thank you" he says lightly so he doesn't wake Gabriel up. "Why are you thanking me, I haven't done anything significant?" I reply frowning in confusion. "But you have you were forgiving, understanding and allowed me to have a part in my sons life" he stated sincerely. Smiling at his words I gently reply, "your his father he needs you just as much as he needs me, you don't deserve to be shut out." He doesn't reply to my words but simply takes my hand into his brings it to his lips and gives it a compassionate kiss which speaks more than any words ever could.

As we pull into the park Angelo gets out and picks up a sleeping Gabriel. He carries him in one hand and the picnic basket in the other. I cant help but admire his physical strength and sigh like a school girl with a crush. Taking the blankets and pillows from the back seat I walk behind Angelo who has already picked out a spot. Quickly unfolding the blanket spread it on the floor place the pillows down on top of it and sit down. Angelo joins me while gently laying a still sleeping Gabriel down. Just as I finished setting out the picnic Gabriel sits up while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, an adorable little pout on his lips.

Gabriel looks around his eyes finding my own before smiling, to which I return. His gaze looks around the park as though looking for something or more likely someone- Angelo. His lips start to wobble as his eyes begin to water. Picking him up I sit him in my lap while giving him big, warm comforting hug. "il mio papà?" Gabriel asks sadly while sniffing. Oh my poor baby he must think Angelo is gone when he just left less than a minute ago to retrieve his phone that he left in the car.

Just as I was about to explain this to him Angelo's voice comes from behind us. "Why so sad, mio figlio" He says while reaching out to pick him up after he sat down. "daddy, papà" he squeals before wrapping his hands around Angelo's neck in a tight grip. Mouthing to Angelo, "he thought you had left" to which he nods in understanding he proceeds in reassuring Gabriel that he is not going anywhere.

After eating the sandwiches and cake that I made we sit back and watch Gabriel go into the playground part of the park and play with children about his own age. "My mother wants us around tomorrow afternoon, have you got any plans?" Angelo asks while still keeping a close eye on Gabriel.

"Nope we're free" I say. Before adding, "so tell me a bit about your family" I ask. He looks at me briefly before turning his attention back to Gabriel. "Well I have four siblings that makes five including me. My eldest brother Diego died when he was twenty-three in a motor bike accident making me the eldest now." "I'm so sorry" I softly say when he pauses. Giving a stiff nod in response he continues. "Then the there is my little sister Arianna, she is really loud like my mother and most of the other women in my family" he says with a fond smile. "she is a beauty and she know it, but she always there for family she values that" Taking a deep breath before he starts to speak again. "Rosalina is after Arianna, I can tell she looks up to her big sister more than anyone but she is so shy and the complete opposite of Arianna. Then there's Lucas he is a player and the baby of the family he can be quite annoying, more of a mummy's boy like Gabriel" he finishes with a cheeky smile eyes glowing with mirth.

"I don't know about that, he seems to look up to you a lot even though you have only been in his life a short while" I say while looking over at Gabriel who was currently running away from a little girl who was making kissing faces at him. Laughing at his face I point out Gabriel to Angelo who starts chuckling at the sight.

The cute little girl manages to catch him and places a big sloppy wet kiss on his face before running away with a giggle. A look of absolute horror comes on Gabriel's little face causing me to fall into Angelo in stitches of laughter. Gabriel comes running towards us and I try my best to keep a straight face.

As soon as he reaches us, he flies straight into Angelo arms "papà, a girl kissed me" he says sobbing as though that little girl has just committed the greatest of sins against him.

"Oh sorry, Mio figlio, its okay" he said while hugging him close and trying to be sympathetic. I could tell he was trying his hardest not laugh.

Reaching over I gently brush his curls back and place a kiss over his head. " My poor baby boy" I say. Gabriel turns his head towards me his bottom lip wobbling slightly, "Why would she do that to me, mummy? " he asks innocent eyes start to fill with tears. "Its because she likes you baby" I respond sincerely. "but I don't like her, that was gross, mummy."

After another few minutes of assuring a still traumatized Gabriel that he'll live we head home. As we entered the cold, dark, quite house Angelo went to put a sleeping Gabriel to bed. Entering the kitchen I put on the coffee machine waiting for it to brew while making myself a cup of hot chocolate.

Just as I was about to pick up the two hot cups of liquid and bring them into the lounge, the house phone went off. Putting the drinks down I picked up the phone.

"Hello" I say into the receiver.

"Hey chica, where you been I have been trying to get in contact with you for ages" Carmen cried.

"I'm so sorry I've been busy lately" I say. " Is a certain man keeping you all to himself. That won't do at all I may have to have a word with him."

Giggling I reply, "That won't be necessary I'll make time for you soon." "Well how about tomorrow? Let's go shopping. " She enthusiastically suggests. "Sorry honey, me and Gabriel are meeting Angelo's family but how about we do lunch Monday, my treat." Just as Carmen started to respond Angelo came behind and wrapped his strong tanned arms around my small waist.

He places a kiss behind my ear then down the side of my neck almost making me moan out loud but remembering I was still on the phone stopped me. Stepping out of his embrace I point to the cups on the counter and mouth for him to take it to the lounge. After nodding in understanding he left. I stayed on with Carmen for another five minutes telling her about Gabriel's first encounter with a girl outside of our family. Saying our goodbyes we promised to catch up later.

As I walked into the living room Angelo was patiently waiting for me on the couch while mindlessly flipping through the TV and taking sips of his coffee. "Hey, sorry about that" I say while taking a seat next to him. "It's okay, Mia bella" he says then places a soft kiss on my lips. I smile when he pulls away, then I reach for the table to pick up my now warm cup of coco.

"I see you have a lot of your TV memory taken over by scandal, I take it your a big fan" He says looking at me then his flicked back to the TV. "Yes, I love it" I say explaining what's going on and pretty soon I was getting Angelo as hooked to the TV show as I was - okay so maybe not completely as hooked as me but close enough. We ended up spending the rest of the night watching Scandal and cuddling on the sofa.

At some point I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know I am being lifted in to strong arms and taken to bed. Feeling the softness of the mattress had me moaning slightly. Soon I feel my back being pulled into a warm naked chest. Sighing from the amazing warmth surrounding me I easily slipped into the darkness that awaited me.

********************

Hey, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, next update is going to be more exciting and will be coming soon. Thanks for your support and amazing comments. xxx

Comment, vote, like.....♥♥♥