Chapter 16 - Date Night

The day dragged and I was more than happy when Carmen came by the cafe and asked me out for lunch. Halfway through my lunch with Carmen I got a text from Angelo.

Angelo - I want you dressed by 8.00pm tonight. Were going on a date.

"I can't believe this guy" I mutter out loud. "Can't believe what guy" Carmen asks. Sighing I reply, "Angelo." Carmen wiggled her eyebrows before saying, "Oh the sexy Italian."  Ignoring her I reply to Angelo's patronizing text.

Me - You know normally when you ask someone out, especially on a date, you do it to their face.

Angelo - Well then think of me as unique.

Mentally rolling my eyes I reply to his text.

Me - What if I refuse your, Oh so kind invitation

Angelo - Well I don't think that you'll like the cave man side of me.

Smiling at his response, I reply.

Me - Well we wouldn't want that. See you at 8.00pm Mr unique. ;)

Jumping from shock I look behind me and find Carmen looking over my shoulder. "What in God's name are you doing" I ask her. "Well I wanted to see what was the cause of that glowing face. To be honest at first I thought you were sexting with the guy, which by the way is rude, I would have at least went to the bathroom"

"Well as you uninvitedly read it was just an innocent conversation" I reply. "You mean innocent flirting, I see you chicka" was Carmen's cheeky response.

When I arrived home it was a few minutes past six so I took a nice hot bubble bath, which was complimented with a relaxing glass of red wine. My peaceful evening was cut short by the doorbell going off.

Getting out off the bath tub I quickly grabbed my robe. Walking into my room I look at the alarm clock. "Its too early fo Angelo to be here. Who could it be?" I think to myself. I started my journey downstairs and just as I was about to open the door I was beat to it.

The front door opened to reveal my sister Summer and Carmen. "I should really take that key away from her" I think to myself before asking, "What are you guys doing here?"    

We wanted to make sure that you looked smoking hot for my future brother-in-law this evening." Summer replied with  cheeky wink.

After an hour of plucking, waxing, hair tugging, nail painting and make up I was more than ready to get away from both my sister and best friend. After I slipped on the tight, figure fitting, short purple dress I turned to look through the floor length mirror. Gasping in shock at the beautiful woman staring back a me.

My hair was cascading down my back in beautiful, shinny waves. My dull brown eyes seemed to have a certain sparkle to them making my eyes seem almost lighter. My rosy lips were in a dark glossy shade of red and my eye make up looked so professional - like something that you would see on a model in a magazine.

Turning around I thank both Summer and Carmen. "Your welcome and you look beautiful, chicka" Carmen says.  "Yeah I think we succeeded you look smoking hot" Summer adds being her old dramatic self. After rolling my  eyes  I mumble a quick" yeah - yeah, whatever you say" but never lost the smile on my face.

As I started putting on my black stilettos the door bell rang for the second time this evening. Summer and Carmen went ahead of me to open the door. Walking over to my night stand I grabbed clutch bag and made sure I had my mobile phone, lipstick and some money just in case.